Paypal not working for customers

mascha
1 0 0

Hi there, 

My online shop went online yesterday. (location: Germany) Since then i have heard from multiple customers that paypal isn't working - it is constantly kicking people out when they are in checkout and trying to pay. however, this seems to be especially an issue while using the mobile phone to pay, and while they are entering the online shop via instagram or a browser that is not Safari. 

I have tried it myself and bought a product from the online shop and it wasn't a problem at all. Nevertheless, this problem keeps occurring for other customers. 

This is, of course, super bad - especially now that we have just launched. What can I do?

Thank you

Mascha

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 164

Hi @mascha,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's strange!

As Paypal is a third-party gateway it is hard to diagnose an issue like this. If you've ensured that the right Paypal account is connected to your store and that it is a Business account, then it may be worth checking in with Paypal to ask them why it is that payments are failing.

Before you do that, even, it could be worth your while to take order numbers from your customers and have a look in the order timeline:

20-10-4ka4x-ap27z

Sometimes Paypal error codes show up in the timeline, and you can cross-reference that with Paypal's own guide.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes