Paypal payment missing

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi all I have a shop that accepts paypal payment

I had no Paypal add connected to the store

2 people bought using the payment method paypal.

I got an email and it told me to create a business Paypal and connect it.

I did that.

Now how do I get the money into my Paypal?

I thought it will auto send the money through, 2 days later no money...

Regards,
Tom

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

Hey there, @TomasMendes!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with locating your PayPal payment.

It sounds like you hadn't actually set up your PayPal account until after these two payments were made. Before payments can be collected, you need to set up the PayPal account. This means that moving forward, you should be receiving all incoming payments into your PayPal account.

What you can do now is go into your Orders' Timelines and view their payment events. This will confirm that the payment was indeed completed through PayPal, and not through another payment method, and will provide further details on the transaction. If a payment isn't made through Shopify Payments, we won't have access to the funds. You'll then want to contact PayPal Support and provide them with the details in your orders' payment events so that they can assist you with locating your funds.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

It says PaypPal Express Checkout

Does that mean you guys cannot help and I need to talk to PayPal?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Relevant situation to mine sir, but in my case, I already activate my express checkout, then in my Facebook ads manager, it says that I have 9 website checkout initiated but still there's no payment received from Paypal. Also, it doesn't reflect the orders to my Shopify dashboard which Is really sad. Anyone here could help us regarding this. We badly need answers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

That's correct, @TomasMendes! We only support Shopify Payment payouts. Because our payment was processed through PayPal Express Checkout, they'll have your funds. You'll need to contact them to help you retrieve them.

Best of luck! 

-

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

Hey there, @dongkoy95082019!

If you're using our Facebook Shop app, the payment will process through the selected payment method on your Shopify checkout, and display orders in your Admin. If you are using a separate app, or have connected your product catalog to Facebook Shop through some other way you'll have to check with that third-party as to how they accept and process payments. The Initiate checkout is a standard event that reflects "The start of a checkout process. For example, clicking a Checkout button", as per this Facebook Pixel events guide. If you're not seeing a Purchase event, then it's likely your visitor hadn't completed the purchase.

To clarify, have you already installed the Facebook Shop app and set it up to connect to your Shopify store? How do you currently have your product catalog displaying on your Facebook Shop? 

Cheers.

-

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Ms. Ryder, thank you for the reply. In response to this, I didn't use a Facebook App for my Shopify, I only use Facebook manager thru their website to run my ads. But I agree that the purchase event didn't notify yet as of now. Kindly see attached image below for reference. Can you tell me what's the problem of my Shopify? I think it seems that the customer didn't complete the transaction on the checkout. 

Best.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

Hey, @dongkoy95082019!

You're correct, it's likely your customer hadn't reached the checkout. How do you currently have your product catalog displaying on your Facebook Shop? I'd be happy to clarify how your can sell on Facebook using Shopify. In order for your customers to use the Shopify checkout to purchase products from your Facebook Business page, you'll need to add the Facebook Shop channel app to your store. Then you'll need to follow our guide to Selling on Facebook with Shopify to set up your Facebook Shop. Once you've published your product catalog to your Facebook Business Page, you'll be able to accept payments through the Shopify checkout and see those orders in your Admin

Hope that clears it up for you! If not, please let me know. 

Cheers.

-

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

This is crazy I have given PayPal everything and all they say is that :

Hi Tomas. I hope the day is treating you well. I have searched for these transactions and do not see that these transaction IDs are associated with any transaction within PayPal. It is possible that the communication between PayPal and your gateway is failing. You may try to reintegrate if this does not work you may need to file a ticket with our Merchant Technical Support team.

If you need technical assistance with integrating with PayPal’s Platform API’s on your website, or you would like to report an issue with the PayPal website's functionality.

Guess the money is GONE

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Ryder, this is my advertisement on my Facebook page. I didn't install the Facebook shop channel app to my Shopify account. Is it necessary to install that to sync into my Shopify before running the Facebook ad manager? And also this is my site, I'm willing to get your feedback as to what to improve on my site. 
My very big thanks to you Ms. Ryder. 

bitsyblender.com

complain101.PNG

0 Likes