Paypal payment pending for 2.5 weeks!

Solved
esskay17
Tourist
6 0 3

My first order came in 2,5 weeks ago and it was completed via a Paypal payment. I've been paid for other orders since then including another Paypal payment but the Paypal payment for the first order is still pending even though it's been 2.5 weeks.

I can see this message on Shopify:

Payment is pending
Shopify Payments and PayPal Express Checkout is still processing this order's payment. To make sure you get paid, wait for the payment to be successful before fulfilling this order.

My Paypal is set up properly because I successfully received another Paypal payment.

Could this be because this was sent from a Paypal linked to a zero balance maybe?

What do I do? Wait more? Or contact the customer? 

Thanks!
Dallas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 175

This is an accepted solution.

Great question! 

Since this order was processed through PayPal Shopify wouldn't have access to the funds at all. That would mean that it is currently pending with your PayPal account. Have you had a chance to reach out to the PayPal support team yet? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
cindysthreads
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I am having this same issue. My order came through before I had linked my PayPal account. I have since linked the PayPal account and it is still showing pending. It doesn't show up in my PayPal account at all. 

0 Likes
ProFit-Socks
1 0 0

I too, am experiencing the same thing!

Appreciate any help, thank you!!!

0 Likes
alicia9
2 0 0

Similar problem.  Payment pending on paypal orders.  Also it is impossible to contact Shopify.  It keeps sending me for a loop in contacting shopify support to their main FAQ style page.  

0 Likes
Onesavagenurse
1 0 1

I had an issue with this as well. When I called Paypal I was informed that I still needed to verify my email. Hope this helps.

hyggewax
3 0 0

Hello Shopify,

I posted this within the community a few weeks back and haven't heard anything from Shopify. Therefore, I am posting it here given, its a similar topic and has grabbed your attention. Can you please let me know if this is something you guys have any insight on? The payment never hit our Paypal account, so I just wanted to check with you first, to see if you have any ideas (Paypal is an hour wait current). Thanks in advance: https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Paypal-Payment-Refunded/m-p/929779

0 Likes
LeahMoreau3
2 0 2

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem.

0 Likes
Sansuofficial
2 0 0

I'm also having the same problem. A customer paid through PayPal before I had set up a PayPal account, and now that I have, and everything seems to be fine and integrated, the payment is still pending. The email address used to set up PayPal is the same one as used for Shopify, and I have verified the email address as well, but that has not made a difference for me, and the payment is still pending, and in my PayPal account the balance still reads 0. Reading the previous posts in this thread, it seems like the payment will never go through...?  

Should I reach out to the customer, and inform them of the problem, cancel their order and ask them to re-place it and choose a different payment option? 
(and then deactivate the PayPal payment option, as it doesn't seem to work..) 

Would be great if someone from the Shopify team could respond to this thread, as it seems a lot of us are having the same problem.. I have just spent half a working day trying to solve this, chatting to Shopify's customer service, who just referred me to PayPal, then trying to get in touch with someone from PayPal and never getting through........  

0 Likes
LeahMoreau3
2 0 2
I ended up canceling the order and asking the customer to reorder.
The payment remained "pending" until I refunded it. I guess the money was
just trapped in limbo.