Paypal payment

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am PayPal integrated Shopify user in Indonesia. I try to buy from my own site with PayPal checkout but my cards always decline. I try a few of credit and debit but the results is always the same. My store use USD currency. I already contact PayPal and they checked. There's nothing wrong with my payment system. So they advice might be there's an issue with shopify side and suggest me to report. If there's technical setting, how can I fix it. To avoid my store losing customer. Thanks for attention 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 159

Hey, @Ferdin!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Paypal payment gateway. As it is a third party gateway, our support scope is limited so I am not too sure why Paypal has sent you here. However, the most common reasons that the payment would fail if you are testing the gateway is because you need to purchase from your own store using a different Paypal account than the one you have set up to receive payments on your store. Did you do this or did you use the same one you added to the Shopify admin? 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I already use different PayPal account than the one for receiving payment ,
I also tried to pay without PayPal account as the option available. My
store already launch and gaining visitor and customer. I also already run
ads actively. Is there any Indonesian have the same issue like this? Or is
it possible my country cards not acceptable?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 159

Hi, @Ferdin.

Thank you for getting back to me. We haven't received any other reports on this at the moment and yes Paypal is available in India when you are selling in Indian Rupees (INR) or United States Dollars (USD). Can you send me a screenshot of the error message you see when you try with your card? Do you have any other cards you can try with to see if they go through?

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes