Paypal payments in Macedonia

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am from Macedonia and I am looking forward to start a online dropshipping store with Shopify and Oberlo, but the problem is Paypal only offers sending payments for my country, but not receiving them... will this cause a problem? Will customers be able to buy anything at all? I don't have that much knowledge about ecommerce to assess the situation... I saw there are some payment gateways for Macedonia but I'm not sure how that works, will using some of them fix the problem? Thank you a lot in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 103

Hi there Igor!

Don here from Shopify. :)

This is a bit difficult for us to comment on as it related to PayPal's policies and as such we are not experts on how this works.

From my experience, there are countries like yours where PayPal will allow customers to send payments to your account with them but they are not able to pay out to bank accounts in your region.

This is usually to do with some difficulties between how PayPal and your country's banks work and is not something we can assist with at all from here.

We do sometimes see merchants in your situation set up a bank account in another country -- one which PayPal will be able to pay out to -- though you would need to confirm how this would work with PayPal and with the bank itself in the second country.

You can reach out to PayPal support here to see if they can provide further info on this and if there's anything else we can help out with you can contact us via our own support site. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes