Paypal payments

Maygiquecloset
4 0 0

Hello,

is there a way to allow customers to pay via PayPal without having an account on the checkout page?

I live in Bahrain so Shopify payments are not available and I have tight options for the payments gateway and all of them charge big amounts of fees that i keep struggling with, one of the problems with them was when I made my first sale via payment gateway, they automatically claimed the payment and paid it to the monthly fees that I have to pay for them using my balance on the website itself. so I ended up as if I have not received any payment.

I find PayPal is the easier way even if it takes taxes yet they don't charge monthly fees, but not everyone would have an account there so PayPal payments are highly needed to be available on the check out page. I hope you help me.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1171 154 191

Hello, @Maygiquecloset! Thank you for your question.

It might be possible to allow your customers to checkout as a guest when using the Paypal gateway; Paypal has not made the guest checkout available in every region just yet, therefore I recommend contacting them directly to ensure it’s available in Bahrain. 

Once you’ve determined if it’s available to you, you’ll be able to set it up as an option from directly within your Paypal account. Take a look at our Help Doc for Setting up Paypal on your store for more guidance on how to go about doing this. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes