Pending Payments

Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hi

I have now had my first 3 orders.  The first 2 of them looked fraudulent and so have been refunded however all the transactions since then seem to be showing as pending.  I had the money from the first 2 fraudulent transactions appear in my bank account and it has sat there ever since, even after I selected the /cancel order option.  I have since had a legitimate sale but the money from this has not appeared in my account. Can someone please advise what I should do?  Is Shopigy holding back the new payment because I still have the funds from the original orders that should have been sent back?  If so, how do I do this?

Thanks,Keith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
34 0 3

Hey Keith!

Jared here from the forums team. Hope your day is going well. :)

This sounds like something that actually is specific to your account and may require going over some confidential information regarding your orders. It could be a number of things that are causing the order to be listed as pending and would be hard to say without specifically taking a look at your account.

What I would suggest is reaching out to a Guru to have one of them go over your account and see what they can find out related to all these orders. They'd be happy to  take a look! :)

Check out our support page by clicking here.  You can get in touch by phone, e-mail or live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Have a great day :)

Jared | @Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

Thanks Jared.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I am so dissapointed. Even worried due to the legal implications of the Payout Procedures. My store went live last Friday, and with it two sales and 7 in pipeline. We sell emergency equipment and we just suffered an earthquake, you might imagine sales are spiking. TODAY and after $5k in sales ($25k with the other 7 we have to put on hold) I received and email from Shopify requesting ID documents, coming from the banking industry, I understand the drill, and until Shopify review them, the payouts are on hold. Why on earth you don't request them BEFORE the store goes live? Why mislead stating that the platform is ready as soon as you configure the page? Customer Service states that it can be 3-4 days tonreview them. Then wait 2 more business days for the transfer? By the time the ordes arrive, my clients might be dead. LITERALLY.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Good day, hope this got sorted? i am in the same situation... opened my store a few days ago and i have had 2 successful sales but now the payments are showing pending :( and i need to order...i dont know why shopify had to do this to me on my first sales

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

To receive money owed to you, we need a bit more information about your business

0 Likes