Per item shipping rates

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have been looking to find how I can apply shipping rates per item in shopify. All of the information I have found is outdated, it seems like it should be pretty simple but I can't find how to do it. How can I do this?

Thank you in advance for the help you offer,

Liam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 67

Hi, Liam!

Lisa here from the Shopify Support team.

To simply apply shipping rates per item in Shopify, your store does require Carrier Calculated Shipping. Currently, there is no native way to do per item shipping without this service. Enabling Carrier Calculated Shipping opens up the API's needed to allocate shipping rates per item. 

This additional service costs $20 per month, or free on annual billing - just ask the Shopify Support Staff here, and they can set it up for you!

Once you have Carrier Calculated Shipping enabled you can use the free app Parcelify where you can create custom shipping rates that perfectly suit your needs.

Alternatively, you can do this workaround, which is a lot less simple but would offer a solution to apply shipping rates per item in Shopify! 

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions. 

- Lisa ?

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted

Hi Liam,

If Parcelify doesn't work as expected in your store, our app, Intuitive Shipping allows you to easily assign per item shipping rates. We have had a few customers switch from Parcelify already, and we offer a free 14-day trial, so please feel free to take it for a test drive! 

If you need any assistance, please reach out to us via our Skype Live Chat found in the app within the app under Help > Support or you can shoot us an email at support@intuitiveshipping.com

Warm regards,
Sharon Reeds

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 5

This is disappointing.  I just signed up today, and am in the process of adding multiple drop-ship suppliers for my store, some of which are out of country.  I can't tell my customers the standard shipping date estimates when I have no control over when a supplier ships the order.  In my day job, I'm a programmer, and I work with nopCommerce for my employer.  I may switch to that for my eCommerce needs, because honestly, that just seems like a standard thing an online store would support.  Having to pay extra for it is ridiculous.  I have $0 in sales, I have no idea how much I *might* sell, and I've already committed to $29/month on the off-chance that I might be successful.  Now I have to pay extra so that my checkout doesn't tell my customers 2-3 days when it might be more like 20-30?

I fear that I've made a grave mistake in giving shopify my credit card number already, and I haven't even opened my store yet.  I believe I'll spend my trial period investigating other eCommerce solutions.

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 13

Shopify is full of holes and really annoying.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I just wanted to know if this answer regarding the shipping rate per item is still relevant today, or there is any new solutions.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 13

Apparently there is a new solution though I havent tested it. But you can now do it per item based.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

how does it work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Check out this video for per item shipping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GzNktaZ3zI

Highlighted
1 0 0

Pricing: Basic Shopify costs $29 per month + Transaction fees of 2.9% + 30¢ (Shopify Payment Online); 2.7% (Shopify Payment in-person); 2% (if you are using your own payment processor)

Pricing: Shopify Lite costs $9 per month + Transaction fees of 2.9% + 30¢ (Shopify Payment Online); 2.7% (Shopify Payment in-person); 2% (if you are using your own payment processor)

Shopify’s enterprise service for large scale business is now renamed Shopify Plus. Shopify Plus or enterprise pricing begins at $2,000 per month but may vary depending on seller add-ons & requirements

Source: Shopify Cost 

0 Likes