Per product or per collection shipping rates

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

Before anyone posts Better Shipping or another pay-2-play app that requires 'Real Time Carrier Shipping' in the $299/month Shopify account + the app dev's monthly fee. I've already searched & found threads all the way back to 2009 for people asking for this. I've read all the threads from 2009 where people were told they'd be put on the "epic wants list" or "Shopify's internal feature request tracker". I'm guessing those lists don't exist or if they do they must be VERY long.

I moved over from Woocommerce mainly for the look, speed & ease of editing products and inventory. My site is drop shipping but from different vendors out of CA, UT, KS, & IN from within the industry. 

In Woocommerce I had a 'table rate' shipping app (1 time fee of $30) that allowed me to create shipping classes which were based on categories (or collections).

For 375 products I had about 30 shipping classes. east coast & west coast for 15 collections. Pretty simple.

If Shopify can base shipping rates on weight or price, surely they can add the feature to rate shipping per collection (category).

This is a simple ask & I'm not alone here. I'm already paying $300+/yr for the estore to be up and don't/can't see spending more on a simple shipping rate to be added. Especially another $3500 for Shopify advanced + $180 for Better shipping.

If per product is too much coding, per collection shouldn't be.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2 0 0

Hello Justin! I'm Monique from Shopify's support team :).

I definitely understand not wanting to change your plan in order to get Carrier Calculated shipping, and there are additional ways of getting this feature added for you! I'll contact you directly via email for further details.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Monique!

I would like additional information on carrier calculated shipping as well.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Monique_R, I want to accomplish the same shipping per collection task.

Can you help me please?

0 Likes