Percentage based shipping & handling calculation on order subtotal

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi everyone,

We would like to apply flat 10%, 8% & 5% of shipping rate on order subtotal. Following are our criteria:-

• For order less than $1200, S&H is 10%
  • For order between $1,201 - $3,000, S&H is 8%;
  • For order between $3,001 - $5,000, S&H is 5%;
  • For order over $5,000, there is no charge for S&H.

How can I configure this logic with best feasible way in Shopify? Is any there app available which provides such feature or facility? 

Please note that I manage to configure above logic using Scripts Editor with Table Rates but that is not what I am looking for because it shows discounted price along with original price. 

Input.shipping_rates.each do |shipping_rate|
  if shipping_rate.source == 'shopify'
    if Input.cart.subtotal_price_was <= (Money.new(cents:100) * 5000)
      if Input.cart.subtotal_price_was <= (Money.new(cents:100) * 1200)
        percentage = 0.1
      end
      if Input.cart.subtotal_price_was >= (Money.new(cents:100) * 1201) && Input.cart.subtotal_price_was <= (Money.new(cents:100) * 3000)
        percentage = 0.08
      end
      if Input.cart.subtotal_price_was >= (Money.new(cents:100) * 3001) && Input.cart.subtotal_price_was <= (Money.new(cents:100) * 5000)
        percentage = 0.05
      end
      actual_shipping_rate = Input.cart.subtotal_price_was * percentage
      discount_shipping_rate = shipping_rate.price - actual_shipping_rate
      shipping_rate.apply_discount(discount_shipping_rate, message: "")
      shipping_rate.change_name("Standard Shipping", { message: "" })
    end
  end
end

Output.shipping_rates = Input.shipping_rates

Thank you! 

Chintan Kotadia | Shopify Expert & Partner | Skype: kotadiachintan

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Chintan,

You can do this with our shipping calculation App, Intuitive Shipping, and it’s quite an easy setup.

In the App, you’ll want to create a Shipping Scenario, and under the Shipping Method, you’ll want to Calculate Shipping Based On Combined Cart Total.

In the Shipping Costs table, you’ll input the following:

Up To: 1200, Shipping Cost: 10%
Up To: 3000, Shipping Cost: 8%
Up To: 5000, Shipping Cost: 5%
Up To: ~,  Shipping Cost: 0

If you need any assistance in getting set up or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at support@intuitiveshipping.com – we’re always happy to help ?

Warm regards,
Sharon

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the response. I will definitely install your app on our store (https://pvb-test-store.myshopify.com/) and check whether it meets our need or not.

One more thing, I was  wondering whether it is feasible to have access to the app for free trial while the store is in development mode. Once the store goes lives, I'll have our client start their subscription.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Chintan!

Intuitive Shipping is free to use if you leave it in ‘Testing Mode’, which it defaults to when you install. To test the App in the store when it is still in Testing Mode (which we always recommend), simply use customer name Intuitive Shipping during your test checkouts. We've literally had merchants installed for over 3 months before activating the App, since that's how long it took them to get their store finalized and good for launch :) 

Once everything is good to go and you’re ready to launch, you’ll head over to Settings and click Activate Intuitive Shipping, which will start the free 14-day live trial in their store. If you want us to do a onceover of the setup before you make things live, we’re happy to be that extra set of eyes ?

Warm regards,
Sharon

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for detailed explanation. Really loving your app and it perfectly met our needs. Just waiting for client for final confirmation and testing from their end. Your app is life saver! :)

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Sharon,

Can you please let me know how often your app sync data from the store? I mean is there any certain time interval?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I just found a percentage shipping rate app called: CustomShip. Works beautifully for me.

https://apps.shopify.com/customship?surface_detail=orders-and-shipping-shipping-rates-and-labels&sur...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

"I just found a percentage shipping rate app called: CustomShip. Works beautifully for me. "

This doesn't seem to cover any percentage shipping rate options. Is there something I'm missing? 

0 Likes