Percentage freight costs and surcharge for small quantities

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello dear community,

I am currently setting up my first Shopify shop and have a few questions about the shipping methods and shipping costs. I offer products that e.g. 10% freight cost from your price. Now I want to set the shipping costs so that the Shopify system notices when 4 items with € 100 each are in the shopping cart that € 40 freight costs have to be calculated. I also have products that only cost € 10. Here, however, there is a small quantity surcharge which the upstream supplier charges me. From a value of € 50, however, no longer. How can I do this on Shopify? Need your help here :-)

Thank you very much, best regards & stay healthy!
Sebastian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
432 40 121

Hi @be-shop,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. What you're looking to achieve exactly will be difficult as there's no native handling fee option within Shopify, plus you also seem to want these fees to increase on a percentage basis as customers order more products. It's possible to increase the shipping fee on a percentage or dollar basis if you're using our live carrier-calculated shipping rates, but this would only affect the shipping rate itself and not the handling fees you've mentioned.

I would recommend checking out the Order & Product Fees app, which will allow you to set other fees for your products alongside the product prices and shipping costs that you set natively within Shopify.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

@be-shop,

The app @Victor's suggsted won't give you the results you're hoping for since you're looking for a calculation that happens at checkout

What you're describing is possible with Intuitive Shipping. We don't have a Help Center guide for this type of setup, so I encourage you to connect with our team at support@intuitiveshipping.com or book a call to learn how to get set up. We offer a free 14-day trial so you can try us out in your store to make sure we're a good fit :) 

Please keep in mind, however, that if you're on the Basic or Shopify plan they require merchants to pay an additional $20/mo for access to apps like ours (or switch to annual billing which saves you 10% on your Shopify subscription). I would hope that during their extended free trial they aren't charging merchants for this, but you will have to connect with their team to find out. 

Warm regards,

Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
433 6 30

You can also check out the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app. The app helps you add handling charges to all the shipping services or add handling charges based on the total order cost. Along with this, the app also helps you automate the complete shipping process. You can contact their support if you require any help in the setup.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
1 Like
Highlighted

@HariKrishnaisn't that your app? Why would you say "their support"??...

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
433 6 30

Hi @SharonReeds 

Yes, it is the app from PluginHive. 

I'm not able to edit my answer. I will take care of this from now.
Thanks for pointing out.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
1 Like
2 0 0

Thanks a lot for your Replys and good ideas. But i have a General Problem. i thought that my searched solution would be available in Standard of shopify. I like your apps really but for now i dont think to invest a Monthly fee for a module extra. I have to start the shop in the next 2 weeks and if there is a good frequency and Business it is a solution. but not today. isnt there a solution without Costs? The last Chance would be to calculate the shipping cost in the product Price. But then i am not comparable on the market and more expensive then other retailers. very difficult.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
432 40 121

Hi @be-shop,

It is indeed the case that adding additional charges to products/ orders, such as freight charges, is not possible to do natively within Shopify without the use of an app. A workaround would require you to incorporate these additional fees into the cost of the product(s) and shipping fees, otherwise one of the apps mentioned above would be required. It might be easier to incorporate the price of the freight fees into the cost of the product, and then state on the product page that the price includes this fee.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like