Personal Vaporizer Payment Processor

Hyperion_Smoke
Tourist
3 0 1

We currently operate a non-shopify retail website for Personal Vaporizers (electronic cigarettes), http://www.HyperionSmoke.com. And have been in business for some time, and currently utilize PayPal but must switch within the next 90 days. We are currently switching to a Shopify website and Shopify POS, as we also operate a Brick and Mortar establishment. The TOS for Shopify Payments (Stripe) claims that non-face-to-face sales are prohibited and speaking with Stripe we were told that they would even modify the TOS to ensure that there were NO sales permitted (harsh eh?). We are looking for a Shopify Supported gateway that would accept our business?

We are still currently pending with Sage. 

0 Likes
Derek20
Shopify Partner
133 0 8

I can help you out. Shoot me an email with your contact info. Dshepherd@choosenab.com

0 Likes
Robert_Gunn
Tourist
13 0 1

Which provider did you end up going with?  Im in a similar situation as Shopify wont support me.

0 Likes
Helen_Briggs
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Seems like we all are in the same boat, our PayPal dumped us after 15 years, recently. Then we used Shopify Payments for a few months and then they cut us off, now we accept Direct Deposit to our account only, oh and POLi a local NZ bank deposit platform like PayPal kind of. So yes it's not good, even the most high risk merchant didn't want to know us. Just use Direct Deposit and add notes to it and your ORDER CONFIRMATION notification email that goes out to customer when you sell something, have all your bank info for manual payments on them, its working for us and you save heaps, no more fee's. They buy, then they deposit the funds, when showing ship the goods. It's all we can do here. Annoying yes, a solution yes. Hope that helps somebody.

Be careful "how much money" you hold in PayPal if selling vapes. They locked ours without notice for "6 MONTHS" and we cannot touch any of our money, I have money stuck in there, very annoying. They do that so if anyone needs a refund within 6 months they will be able to do it with your money. If you had $50k or more in there for example they would lock the lot in, no exceptions. Pretty harsh.

0 Likes