Philippine-based Shopify (Payment Gateway)

2 0 0

Following. :) 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Im having the same dillema. Im starting building my store however i already connected my paypal account to my shopify store. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I still have not connected my paypal account. Is it okay to connect Paypal PH accounts if you plan to sell worldwide? Thanks in advance for answering!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Neory,

Yes.  You can have your business PayPal account connected and just make sure that you use the option that will allow you to accept credit or debit card payments as well.  Try to know the existing rates that apply as well so you can adjust your pricing accordingly.

Also consider adding the major credit card logos on your page or even on product pages so customers know they can pay using credit or debit cards.

Hope that helps! 

1 Like
4 0 0

Hi, 

I just want to get an advice please. 

I am using Paypal and I am getting the error: We are sorry! Paypal doesn't allow for residents of Australia to ship purchases to Philippines.

I tried my friends in Canada and Japan,  they are getting the same error. 

Paypal is my choice of gateway but unfortunately they are giving me this issue. Anyone come across this. 

Please help. 

Thanks a lot

Rex

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Rex,I am curious about that issue you have.  Shoot me an email? mikangeles@gmail.com.

0 Likes
1 0 0

2Checkout is prohibited from supporting first time drop shipping merchants. You will need to provide copies of your last 90 days payment processing/paid sales history.
---how can i provide paid sales history where iv just opened the store a month ago?

i used PayPal but my store is currently closed since i want to integrate it with CC payment gateways. any idea guys how to integrate with 2checkout?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey Rex,

I'm curious about your issue because I might encounter that in the future. I just launched my shopify online store and I am trying to learn from other's experiences.

Question, when you got the error: "Sorry! Paypal doesn't allow for residents of Australia to ship purchases to Philippines," did you encounter that error or did your buyer encounter that error who is based in Australia and was he trying to ship the item to the Philippines?

I guess my concern is, can we have customers from the Philippines buy items from our Shopify store? Or if yes, how long will it take to get here? Is there a minimum purchase to ship to the Philippines

Any, inputs are appreciated guys! Mabuhay :)

Regards,

Ray

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Michael Angeles! You said you were able to use Paypal account for your Rusticus shop (nice one by the way) and I am trying to set up one and obviously I am from the Philippines too. Can I ask if what you are using is Paypal Express or just the standard Paypal? Personal or the Business account? Did you also have to have a legal business name to have a paypal account? How are transactions going so far?  Sorry for bombarding you with these questions.  I do hope you can help me out.  You can also email me crafts4inspiration@gmail.com.  

jayvee

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Ray,

Sorry for the late reply. Basically, the error occured at the buyer's end (I was the buyer by the way as I am testing before I launch) Unfortunately I have not launch yet as Shopify and Paypal are pointing at each other. This is an issue way way way back and is nothing new if you search the web. Apparently, no fix. 

Paypal advised me that there has to be a change in API codings. Shopify won't assist. Not prepared to touch API codings. So I am stuck.

As for my store, I don't really ship. As our products are already in the Philippines. I just need to accept payment. There is an option in Shopify > Products to untick "Shipping not required" but this work around suggested by Shopify doesn't work as well.

You see with Shopify, Paypal Express Checkout, as per Paypal, if the country of origin of purchaser is different from the address of shipment, it is part of their fraud thingy to not allow this transaction for protection. I understand that. Fair enough.

But, for stores like ours that sells gifts, billing address is most like different from shipping address. 

So anyone who purchases elsewhere with shipment to the Philippines, Paypal doesn't like it.

My only option is to get a 3rd party gateway. I got 2CO. But I am forseeing a problem with 2CO in regards to payout. I read a lot of negative reviews. But I don't have a choice. I just hope I will have a good experience with them.

I do believe Shopify has the hands to fix this. I just find it difficult for them to fix this. Strangely, all gurus I ask, who are very helpful by the way, to raise this to tier 2 support. But tier 2 support just returning back unable to help. 

Anyways, if you have some thoughts, let me know. 

Rex

0 Likes