Pick Up Option Not Available On My Store Checkout? WHY? Please help!

RubyFlora777
1 0 0

I have been searching high and low trying to figure out how to allow customers to choose a PICK UP option when they checkout. Nothing I do seems to be working to get this setup in my account. When a customer clicks on PICK UP during checkout it says "you order isnt available for pickup, please enter a shipping address". Under Shipping + Delivery, my location box is checked off "this location offers local pickup." What am I doing wrong?

Lindsey 

0 Likes
SugarHustler
3 0 0

UGH! I was rally really really hoping that you got an answer because having the EXACT problem. My store is open but its not working and making things really hard. Hopefully we get answers soon

0 Likes
StephanieS
1 0 0

Anyone solve this? I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes
Des_lab7
Tourist
4 0 0

Same! I have the exact same problem. Can someone please help us?

0 Likes
benj1502nguyen
2 0 0

Hi guys,

Be sure to check your product's variant configuration, make sure the inventory of your variant is available for the pickup locations. Your customers will not see a pickup location on Check Out page if the selected product variants don't have availability at that pickup location.

For example, my store has 2 pickup locations, I set the "Rancho Soquel" as my default.

In the Product Variant configuration page of a product, I made sure there is availability for the variant for my locations.

benj1502nguyen_1-1601437164827.png

benj1502nguyen_2-1601437396527.png

Then, my customers will see both pickup locations on their checkout page:

benj1502nguyen_3-1601437425281.png

If 1 location doesn't have availability, it'll be hidden on checkout page.

Example: my rancho soquel availability is updated to 0

benj1502nguyen_4-1601437491552.png

--> My store checkout page will now no longer display that location if users selected to purchase the "lb" variant of my tomatoes

benj1502nguyen_5-1601437561932.png

Regards,

Benjamin Nguyen

tend.com

0 Likes
RiaPB
1 0 0

Hey! have you tried assigning inventory to your store locations. 

In order for an item to be available for pick up in a specific location, it needs to have that sku in its inventory. 

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
70 2 5

Hi @RubyFlora777 , @StephanieS , @SugarHustler , @Des_lab7 

There are many settings that govern whether a products shows up for pickup - we have learned the hard way after many conversations with Shopify team (who've been very helpful). Here's a quick summary of our learnings:

• Multi-origin shipping is enabled
  • Location is activated
  • Enabled local pickup at that location
  • You have less than 20 locations (or else you need Shopify Plus)
  • No accelerated checkout (i.e. Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal) for the order
  • Enable "This is a physical product" for the product
  • Make sure the product or variant is stocked at that location
  • If you are using shipping profiles, make sure the product is in that shipping profile

If you need pickup locations but don't need to track inventory at each specific location, the Curbside Pickup Guru app can handle that easily. You can see the demo store for example. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Likes
Laurelgroveshop
1 0 1

Is there a way to do this even though we have a third party tracking our inventory (heartland retail) ? Does the third party app allow that? 

Claire222
Shopify Partner
70 2 5

Hi @Laurelgroveshop , if the third party app (you can ask them) doesn't change the Inventory managed by field for a product, then you can use Shopify local pickup. Or else, you won't be able to. These are Shopify requirements.

After our extensive research, here's a list of   more comprehensive requirements.

12094594-72E4-4656-9EB8-53D3BFD0BD45.jpeg

0 Likes