Pickup not available with Express Checkout?

Highlighted
1 0 1

We've turned on Pickup, but we're seeing an error when folks use the Express Checkout options. As they're checking out, the only options they can choose from are Shipping options. They can't choose Pickup unless they use non-Express payment options.

Anyone else seen this?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 106

Hi, @challengers!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of the new local pickup feature. At the moment, local pickup is only available on orders paid for by credit or debit; if the customer pays using Shop Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal on the first step of the checkout, then the pickup option will not available. This is expected behaviour and a limitation that our developers are looking into.

While this is something our team is aware of, having the local pickup option available for orders placed through the Express Checkout is definitely a feature that many merchants would find useful, and I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our developers. Hopefully this can be addressed in the near future! In the meantime, feel free to keep an eye on our Changelog, where we regularly announce platform updates and feature releases.

I hope this clears things up! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

+1 on this being a feature that will hopefully work with Express Checkout. However, we found another issue with one of our shops that is 'wholesale' focused. This shop is wholesale only and can't sell to the general public, so all customers must be logged in to be able to see prices and checkout. However, the first step of the checkout process ("Information") is skipped when a customer is logged in, and therefore immediately jumps to the "Shipping" step of the checkout process. As a result, the Pickup option never shows up for logged in customers unless they miraculously know to manually select the "Information" link in the checkout steps breadcrumb as demonstrated below: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.31.53 PM.png

Does anyone know if there's a way to 'force' every checkout (including "logged in" customers) to begin at the "Information" step so the customer sees the Pickup option as shown below (if you know to click on the Information step):

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.35.00 PM.png

Thanks for any help or ideas! 

- John

1 Like