Pizza delivery store help needed! Helpless after spending 50+h trying 20+apps

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Shopify community. Im managing a pizza delivery place with 2 fulfillment centers each covering different areas (by zip code). I tried several apps including better shipping, etc... but none is working for my case. In order to give you an Idea what I want to achieve, please take a look at the picture below:

Screenshot_5.png

As you may see, I have a Single product group (all products are available in both fulfillment centers- delivery places).

By default, Shopify is not allowing to show the same product in 2 or more fulfillment centers. 

Any help is much appreciated.

I've seen that many people have the same issue, and so far seems that there is no any easy-to implement solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

Hello @dondoni ,

Since you have all products are available in both fulfillment centers, Can we remove the multiple location complexity and define shipping rules only based on postcode and order value?

8401 - Free shipping over $40

8402 - Free shipping over $50

9401 - Free shipping over $60

9403 - Free shipping over $70

Do you think approaching like this will simply your business case and help you a find a solution?

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Mirdas thanks a lot for the suggestion. Great thinking. However I cannot remove the multiple location complexity because some ZIP codes are covered from 1 location, and others are covered from the 2nd location.

Fulfillment center 1 covers: 8401, 8402 ...

Fulfillment center 2 covers: 9401, 9402 ...

Im just hoping to find a way and fix this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @dondoni ,

Would it help if you could simply create rules around which fulfillment center a product in an order was assigned to based upon zip code groups you define, or even by drawing a geofence on a map?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 2

Hi @dondoni,

If you are open to trying a separate app, ShipperHQ can handle this for you no problem. Our multi-origin feature lets you define your two origins (your fulfillment centers) and then you just set it to only show rates out of the closest origin to your customer. Then you can create separate shipping rules to set the free shipping thresholds by zip code. And you won't have any issues with having all the same products available at both locations. You can also add store pickup if you want to give buyers that option.

We're offering a 30 day free trial, so give it try.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

@ShanePerreault wrote:

Hi @dondoni ,

Would it help if you could simply create rules around which fulfillment center a product in an order was assigned to based upon zip code groups you define, or even by drawing a geofence on a map?

The issue is that I have all products available in both locations. Products are assigned to fulfillment centers based on distance (zip location) of a customer. Anyway thank you for the suggestion, ill think a bit more.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

@MaiWoolverton wrote:

Hi @dondoni,

If you are open to trying a separate app, ShipperHQ can handle this for you no problem. Our multi-origin feature lets you define your two origins (your fulfillment centers) and then you just set it to only show rates out of the closest origin to your customer. Then you can create separate shipping rules to set the free shipping thresholds by zip code. And you won't have any issues with having all the same products available at both locations. You can also add store pickup if you want to give buyers that option.

We're offering a 30 day free trial, so give it try.

Im gonna check it now

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 2

Feel free to give our sales team a call, and they can talk through your shipping needs with you!

0 Likes