Please add Parcelforce!

Don,

Is there any update on this. It's our main courier and it's coming up with DHL Ecommerce!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
151 22 40

Don't know if it helps but we use this service https://despatchbay.com/home which includes ParcelForce. They have a Shopify app, so when we send a parcel via ParcelForce the tracking code etc gets populated into Shopify.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Am I right in thinking that it's not just a case of Shopify adding a link to Parcelforce tracking. They would need to work with Parcelforce to enable the status notifications and map tracking updates to work?

Anyone know of a way to edit the Order Status Page to remove this part:

Your order is confirmed

We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.

So that it just shows the tracking number.

I've had customers going back to the page to check the status which doesn't change.

Or should I remove all the links to this page in the notification emails, or is it just the Shipment out for delivery email.

Perhaps Parcelforce aren't aware of the problems this is causing.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

I too have asked Shopify to add Parcel Force to their list of carriars, but they just tell me that it needs to be looked into by their developers.  From what I can see on our order pages it is simply a link that takes you to an external tracking page.  That would take someone second surely?

1 Like

We use despatch bay for parcelforce and didn't realise they did that. Only been on shopify since October so will have to test it and see. Maybe we are too quick to add the tracking info manually before it has synchronised. Does it provide the proper link for tracking then?

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Steve.  We have only been using Shopify for a couple of months ourselves and haven't yet decided what route to go for tracking shipments.  We use Parcel Force as our principal carrier and just use their standard interface for booking and tracking shipments as we always have.

We can enter the tracking number into the relevant order page on Shopify, but there is no option for Parcel Force in the drop-down list of carriers, so it's not a whole lot of use!  That's what I meant in my post really - if Shopify could just add Parcel Force to that drop down list in the order screen then it would make our (admin) lives easier.

I have still to research and decide on the best integrated tracking system to use with Parcel Force, so would be interested to know how you get on with Despatch Bay? Pete

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
151 22 40

Quick update on Despatch Bay as I see people are asking questions.

- Yes it adds the tracking number automatically into Shopify

- It automatically sends an email to the customer with tracking number in and when they click it it takes them to a parcel tracking page on the Despatch Bay site

Here's a screenshot showing you what the order page looks like in Shopify:

Parcelforce tracking.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes