This is a no brainer--it really is. It will save retailers HUNDREDS of dollars each month in transaction fees.
Setup Fee $99.00 *
Monthly Gateway Fee $20.00 *
Transaction Fee $0.10 *
Batch Fee $0.25 *
I've been using Shopify for nearly a year and I quite like it. One downside is the payment gateway that is missing for using debit cards in The Netherlands.
The system is called iDeal and if I'm not mistaken you can either accept it directly or use a payment method that supports it. E.g. Mollie. The new iDeal accepts debit cards from all European countries.
Skrill (MoneyBookers) can accept debit cards but it's highly inefficient to use. They charge you two fees when receiving a payment and you need to wait 30 days to be able to withdraw 90% of that payment to your bank. You have to wait another 180 days to get the other 10%. They say this is for security reasons. Right...
There's also the issue of no one having heard of Skrill but everyone (in my country) has heard of iDeal.
I'm looking to start a second online store but I refuse to use Skrill. I don't want to use a Dutch ecommerce service that accept iDeal because I'm used to, and enjoy using Shopify.
I totally agree, and doing the same like you Alain. I will be tryin out osCommerce to see how it works. A lot more to learn with that.(for me) Shopify is very easy to use, wich i like, but is limited in a number of ways i think. Don't be offended shopify, I like your work, but i like a lot of things and don't have them all ;-)
|4 hours ago|
|7 hours ago|