Postcode validation prior to choosing a shipping option?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey all - 

I am going to be offering an express weekend delivery option, but it is only avaialble to the metro areas of my city. 

I need to make this clear throughout the site. I was hoping for: 

1. Search to qualify on the homepage: A form where users input their postcode, and they can instantly see whether or not they quality for this option 

2. Validation on checkout/cart: Customers must input their postcode before adding the express option to their shipping

Does anyone have a suggestion on the best method / plugin that could assist me? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi Cassandra, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question and I love that you are taking the extra steps to give the local people in your area the option for better shipping rates. Let's look at the questions you asked below:

1. This is something which seems quite complex and would need some customized code. The idea of inputting the postcode in is possible a different method, which I will touch on below. To accomplish this, your best bet would be to reach out to a Shopify Expert directly about making something specific for your store. 
  2. To be able to validate a customers postcode on the checkout to give them specific shipping prices is possible. An app is something which sprung to my mind instantly for this. There are a couple of Shipping apps which I think would be good here. The first is Advanced Shipping Rules and the other one would be Better Shipping

Hopefully, this helps and answers your questions. Don't hesitate to ask anything else should you need. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes