Pre-Order Cancelations

Highlighted
21 0 0
We have multiple preorder products in our store that are very well marked as preorders. Despite this we still receive customers who do not read the item title, description, pre-order banner, shopping cart warning, and preorder now checkout button.

I have read that Shopify payments is not very fond of refunds and that too many of these will negatively affect our standing.

I need to know if this is the case. If so, what can be done? Is it safer to only allow store credit? I’d prefer to just cancel the orders and refund but refuse to put our Shopify Payments at risk because of these types of customers. Would making all sales final be safer? I’d hate to do that.

What is the safest option for our account? Also, can we charge a restocking fee for customers going through our cart and canceling more than one order?
0 Likes
21 0 0

Still looking for guidance on this issue. Sent the same message to support and have not heard back

@Jeffrey_Shelton wrote:
We have multiple preorder products in our store that are very well marked as preorders. Despite this we still receive customers who do not read the item title, description, pre-order banner, shopping cart warning, and preorder now checkout button.

I have read that Shopify payments is not very fond of refunds and that too many of these will negatively affect our standing.

I need to know if this is the case. If so, what can be done? Is it safer to only allow store credit? I’d prefer to just cancel the orders and refund but refuse to put our Shopify Payments at risk because of these types of customers. Would making all sales final be safer? I’d hate to do that.

What is the safest option for our account? Also, can we charge a restocking fee for customers going through our cart and canceling more than one order?

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 1

Hey @Jeffrey_Shelton ,

Not sure about how the Shopify payment will react to the refunds, but refund with store credit is a great solution!

If the customers didn't notice the preorder as you mention they will definitely like to buy at your store and when you refund with store credit you can be sure they will come back.

To do so you can use our app - Rise.ai. It ables you to do refunds straight from your dashboard or through your Shopify admin.

You can also use our app for gift card, loyalty programs and many more, feel to reach out for more information at info@rise-ai.com

0 Likes
21 0 0
Thank you! Great idea!
0 Likes