Pre-fill nightmare for gift hamper business

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

I own a hamper company and around 30-40% of my orders have prefill shipping address to themselves. We have to email the customers who haven’t realised to double check they are sending the hampers to themselves. 

As a store - is there a way to turn off the pre-filled address so customers do not send their hampers to themselves? 

many thanks

Sarah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 41 93

Hello @Sarah_Willmott

Ren here from the Shopify Support team, hoping to help you out. 

So the good news is that, yes - autofill can be turned off. That being said, if your customer has an auto-fill feature enabled on their browser then it's going to autofill from their end anyway. However, there are some things you can do to help eliminate or at least reduce the issue you are facing. 

Head on over to your Settings > Checkout and find the Order Processing section. Here, you can toggle various features and options. I recommend making sure that Use shipping address as billing address default is turned off. I also recommend requiring a confirmation step be turned on and enable address autocompletion be turned off. 

Making these adjustments will have it so that customers will have to fill in address information twice with the internal autofill turned off and prompt customers to double check the information at the time of checkout completion. 

Something else to consider would be to add a pop-up message as a reminder to customers. Some options include the Pop-Up Builder app or the Product Warning app. 

Let me know what you think of those options! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes