Prepaid return shipping label

Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 8

Hi,

I want to print a Media Mail Shipping label as this is the cheapest cost. This is from a US location to our US-based PO box.

Is it possible to just to go to USPS and print this label and email it to the customer?

Customer will return two packages and each packet weights about 0.75 pounds.

ty

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 604

I want to print a Media Mail Shipping label as this is the cheapest cost. This is from a US location to our US-based PO box.

Is it possible to just to go to USPS and print this label and email it to the customer?

Customer will return two packages and each packet weights about 0.75 pounds.

Hi @at3

Nick here from Shopify. 

If you are based in the USA, you can use Shopify Shipping. Shopify Shipping is available for orders shipped from fulfillment locations in the United States and for USPS as a carrier. For example, when you are creating a return label, you can select the shipping method and use your discounted shipping rates from USPS. 

You can create a return label from the order page in your Shopify admin or the Shopify app. After you create a return label, you can send it to your customers, or by sending them a link to print the label. So your best bet would be to email the customer with the link to print the label rather than the actual label itself.  You can see the guide Shopify has for this as well as a step by step process with a video tutorial here. I'm not too familiar with Media Mail Shipping personally, but if you are using USPS anyway, it might be best to stick with them for this for simplicity reasons. I did look up "Media Mail Shipping Labels" and did find this page from USPS directly which could do what you're looking for, but if you want to be sure, it might be worth reaching out to USPS directly about it here

Hopefully, this helps and answers your question. Let me know if you have any other questions about this or anything else. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

HI Nick,

We run a rental company and would like to include the shipping label in the package, so that when it is time for the customer to return their rental they need only stick the return label on the box. 

Am I able to do this in Shopify or would you recommend using a separate app for this? If so, what app would you suggest?

Best,

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 604

Hi @matthew9562,

This is definitely something which is possible to do via the Shopify admin, but it would be only available for US domestic orders only. 

28-36-982eo-lhnvm

If you are based in the US, then your best bet would be to add a store refund policy to make sure things are clear for your customers. Once you have your refund policy set up, Shopify has a YouTube tutorial for how to create and send return shipping labels which you might find helpful. 

You can also find the Shopify help guide for this here

If you are not based in the US or if you are and want to have return shipping labels for international orders your best bet would be an app from the Shopify App Store. You can see some of the return shipping label apps I like below:

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

In this, i can see there are aspects to the requirement : 

- Return label has to be generated

- It needs to be sent along with the package for the customer to utilise it.

- PO Box support should be there

Shopify has a way in which the store owner can create a return label himself and send it to the customer via email. If this is not accepted, then maybe another solution can be to implement a way for the customer to generate it by himself by logging onto the website. Is this something that excites people here? We are from the Multi Carrier Shipping label app team and such interesting cases are what we are looking for.

Also, I am not aware of PO Box support with Shopify. Ideally Since USPS supports it, there should not be any problem. Does anyone have experience with PO Boxes?

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Nick,

Quick question, our store is set up outside the states, but we have an address to receive returns in the US.

How do we create return labels in this case? I've added the US address to our shipping locations, added a rate to it as well within the US. But there is still no option to create a return label in the order. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3386 252 604

Hi @NaomiS,

Apologies for the late reply, I was away on vacation. Just to make sure I'm understanding what you're asking 100%. You are trying to create a shipping return label, but it's not working properly for you due to the address being in the US which is a different location to your store? 

Or do you mean how to create return labels in general? Let me know. 

0 Likes