Pretty Sure I'm Pissing away a 911 Turbo Payment in Shipping Fees ... Confirm I'm the Village Idiot

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Started out using shopify shipping and then evolved to shipping easy.   

Honestly, trying like hell to recall why I made the leap from using Shopify, but I'm pretty sure it was because as volume picked up, I started to run into cases where the initial package didn't get delivered, though scanned and starting moving and Shopify didn't allow me to spin up a "new" (not reprint) label for the same transaction.   I'd drop everything and jump on USPS.com  and get bent over with general rates...and the manual process of importing the address....so I finally caved and went to shipping easy.  

They've been great in terms of support and haven't had issues...but 95% of our orders are between 1 and 2 pounds usps priority mail and qualify for USPS cubic rates.   After auditing shipping costs today, I just realized that Shipping Easy "green rate" isn't anywhere near as good as straight away Shopify Plus Cubic USPS Rates.  On average, it looks like we'd save $1 per shipment with around 3000 shipments per month.   

Assuming the rate delta is accurate...is there any sense in looking at other shipping aggregator that has on par usps priority cubic rates if exclusively using USPS atm? 

It's been so long since using shopify shipping, I can't recall all the "Oh f$#D!" moments....I've also changed from base to plus. 

Thx

0 Likes