Price Based Shipping Delivery Cost not being added to checkout or cart

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 7

Hi,

We are starting a small local rental business that will deliver all items.  I added a price based rates but no matter the amount of the order there is no shipping or delivery cost added to the order.  I attached a screenshot of my settings.  This in Debut Theme.

Thanks!delivery rate.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 56

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @srb32459!

Sophia here from Shopify. I responded to your other post in this thread, and I believe the settings mentioned there can solve this problem as well. I just wanted to leave a quick reply here with the potential solution in case anyone else with the same issue comes across this thread.

In order for shipping rates to appear in the checkout, your product details need to specify that the product requires shipping. Otherwise, the system will treat the items as digital products and therefore won't ask for a delivery address or require a shipping rate to be charged. You can edit the shipping requirements on each individual product details page under Products > All products or by using the Bulk editor to change the settings for multiple products at once: 

03-01-btdbm-b8dqu

Please let me know if adjusting this setting resolves the issue.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 7

Thanks again Sofia, this did the trick!

1 Like