Pricing items for free shipping

Solved
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi

We are mostly bricks and mortar but have a web presence with one of our brands of silver jewellery. We want to offer free shipping for all items sold on Shopify so we need to add this cost into the RRP of each item in Shopify. We don't want to reprice our in store items, we just need to add say $10 to each item in Shopify.

Ideally it would be "Silver Earrings $49 free shipping" in Shopify, but in our POS the price would be $39.

Then can this be done to a range of items?

Eg: Supplier ABC add $10, but Supplier DEF add $8

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
722 24 240

Hey @GFJ_onatah!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

If you want to have different prices for your POS and online products, you will just need to set up different products for the same item in your admin. You would make sure the online products are only available for purchase online and vice versa. This guide explains how to set that up.

If you're still having difficulty organizing that, please give me some more information on what is going on so I can help further.

What other challenges do you have converting to online retail?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Aria,

What we actually want to do is have certain vendors or suppliers in our online store have free postage for these particular products - we don't want to change prices. Sorry if we mislead you.

We want to be able to tag certain items 'This item ships FREE' - but not ALL products.

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
722 24 240

This is an accepted solution.

Hey!

Thank you for clarifying.

If you want to do this for certain customers only and certain products only, you could use an app such as Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale. They have an auto-tagging feature. This app is one of the most popular options but if you're looking for a free option, there is also Wholesale & Custom Pricing.

If you don't want to use an app, the alternative would be to issue a Free Shipping discount code to certain customers. 

What sort of option is likely to work best for you?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog