Print shipping label page not populating

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

Hi everyone! 

When I'm trying to fulfil an order when I click on "create shipping label" the loading bar get about 1/3 across the top of the page, the page changes, and nothing opens.

sl02 crop.pngI'm using Google Chrome and it works perfectly fine in incognito and on other computers. I have contacted Shopify support for this twice and was told to clear my cache and to delete Chrome and reinstall  it. Neither of those things have worked. What should I do?

Thanks  for your time!

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 5

I'm having the same issue! Windows 10 running Chrome, doesn't seem to load. I used my phone to "make" the label, then went back to my computer to actually print it. Seems silly, must be Chrome?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hello, @BubblegumTrill.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

I understand you’re encountering an issue with loading the page for purchasing shipping labels and you’ve already tried clearing your browser’s cookies and cache. Since you’re able to buy the shipping labels by using incognito window, this means that the issue could be caused by a specific setting on the Chrome browser. 

There are a couple settings on the Chrome settings that people, including myself, like to turn on or off - assuming they can add more security for browsing. However, they often cause problems with integrations, such as fetching the shipping rates from the couriers and loading the page for shipping labels or integrating a Facebook page with the Facebook Shop sales channel. 

Here are a couple settings to look out for in the Chrome browser:

28-06-p7mq4-r0mp6

28-07-om3md-dnzia

28-08-d3zi1-cdgs3

Alternatively, if you’re concerned with changing the settings for your Chrome browser, you can always try resetting your browser’s settings. This is located at the bottom of Chrome’s settings page. 

28-25-r7k5b-josul

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue with loading the purchasing page for shipping labels. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @Endeavour94.

Thank you for reaching out on the thread. I understand you’re having the same issue with shipping labels. I wanted to follow-up and see whether the suggestions above were able to resolve the issue for you. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to let me know and I’d be happy to take a closer look.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I am having the exact same problem, for well over a week now! I have to use my phone in order to print labels, which is very time consuming, and frustrating. Re-installing, clearing the cache, checking the settings, along with anything else I can think of have done nothing to remedy the situation. This needs to be resolved.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @pjhmastermind.

Thank you for reaching out on this thread. I understand you’re having the same issue with purchasing or printing shipping labels and I can appreciate that you’ve tried clearing the cache already. There was an issue with purchasing shipping labels earlier in the week; however, I’ve confirmed that our Technical team has resolved the issue. That said, is the issue persisting on your end?

If the issue persists, I’d be happy to take a closer look and gather a bit more context. Just to confirm, is the page also loading a blank page or is there an error message? Which browser are you using? Does the issue persist using Incognito Window with Google Chrome or with a different browser, like Firefox?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 5

Still no luck, tried everything suggested, but the only way that still works is making the shipping label through phone, incognito, or another browser.

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

None of these solutions have worked for me. I've done everything and the page won't populate.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. I have to switch over to Safari to make my label even though I exclusively use Google Chrome. All help is appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @BubblegumTrill , @Endeavour94 , & @christoanderson.

Thank you for following up, I can appreciate everyone for following the steps and trying to resolve the issue with loading shipping labels. I’ve spoken with our Technical team and ran a variety of tests with Chrome (including the latest Chrome 80) and we did not encounter any issues. Both the shipping label purchasing page and the shipping label printing page loaded. That said, if incognito window is working, then it’s likely an isolated issue to the device as there's something blocking the page from loading (eg. pop-up blockers or certain cookies). If clearing the cookies and cache or resetting the Chrome settings does not resolve the problem, I will suggest checking for any blockers or reinstalling Google Chrome. Feel free to keep me posted with your findings!

0 Likes