Printing Labels using Zebra 2844

8 0 0

We just switched over to Shopify and I ran into a snag printing shipping labels.  I'm having to use a 3rd party app to print even USPS labels, I can't figure out how to print directly from Shopify.  I have a Zebra LP2844 printer that I've used for years.  Any tips on print directly from Shopify to this printer?

I did choose Zebra printing in the shipping settings, with a 4x6 label. 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Did you ever solve this issue? We are having the same problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Yes, we did.  It's not your print speed or driver, or any of the other things tech support suggests.  Its the TWINUI program that pops up to print the label.  I found a tip on a Big Commerce forum to disable the TWINUI and install Adobe Reader.  Make Adobe Reader the default for opening the .pdf files.  We're back to printing crisp, beautiful labels.  You'll have to do it for every browser you use (we use two since we have two stores, Firefox and Chrome). 

0 Likes
8 0 0

Oh, I'm assuming your labels are printing too small and blurry.  That was our major issue.  They printed GREAT from our old shipping program, but I wanted to leave that program and not have to pay the $40 a month.  But Shopify was printing labels small and blurry, too blurry to even read the address, let alone the barcode.  After a LOT of trial and error, we found the tip about the TWINUI popup.  Now we're printing directly from Shopify and it's working great.

0 Likes
13 0 0

Hi!  Yo say you are "printing directly from Shopify"  Does Shopify still send a pdf file you have to print yourself, or does Shopify actually send the label to the printer?  Thanks for clarifying.

0 Likes
8 0 0

Shopify shows a "Print" button.  When I click it, Adobe Reader automatically pops up with the label and I click "Print" again in that program.  Then it prints. 

0 Likes