Printing Labels using Zebra Printers ZT230 and ZP450--Solution to blurry shipping labels!

1 0 0

Hello, we are new to Shopify and the Shopify Community! 

During our launch we found ourselves looking through community posts, trying to troubleshoot blurry (looked like dot matrix printing) shipping labels using Zebra Printers.   We saw a lot about Zebra Printers but nothing on this subject.

We solved this issue by making sure Adobe Reader was the "PDF" default for displaying PDF files,and turning off the "Dithering"  in the Zebra Printer printer preferences (Manage Printer, Print Preferences, Graphics, setting Dithering to None").  This worked for two types of Zebra printers  (ZT230 and ZP450).  

I hope this helps someone and GOOD Luck!! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 15 33

Hi, @DianaM

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for your post and for sharing these tips. We really appreciate the time that you took to share these details, and I’m sure this will benefit many other merchants in the future - which is exactly the goal of the Community here. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, or if there is anything else that we can help with and I’d be glad to lend a hand. 

Thanks again!

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Would you know if the Zebra Eltron LP2442PSA works with printing from shopify admin?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 15 33

Hi, @Jacob26!

Thanks for reaching out with this question. 

Currently, our system supports printing shipping labels via the printers listed here, or using this supported hardware to print labels.

Using a label printer that isn't listed above can oftentimes result in blurry shipping labels. However, if you already own the printer you mentioned and would like to test the quality, I recommend following these steps to print a test label. Equally, trying out some of the troubleshooting that @DianaM mentioned above may also help ensure the labels print out clearly. Since the Zebra Eltron LP2442PSA printer isn't currently supported by our system though, we can't guarantee that this printer will work successfully. 

If you don't already own this printer, then I suggest purchasing one of our supported printers instead, as these printers will work with our platform, and we can also help troubleshoot any issues with printing labels that may occur if you're using one of these printers. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes