Printing Shopify USPS Shipping Labels on a standard shipping stickers ( 6.75" x 4.25" - 2 per sheet) - Printing too BIG!!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Today I tried the Shopify buy a usps label function (vs using Shippo which I have been using). I could not for the life of me get the label to size down to using my standard 2 labels per sheet (via Onlinelabels OL243)  6.75" x 4.25".  Shopify seems to want to print it so big that it's just 1/2 the size of the 8 1/2 x 11 paper - it is not designed/coded to render smaller. Clearly not working for the sticker shipping labels I have to print on a regular printer. It works fine with Shippo and even my seperate orders on Etsy prints fine. I don't have a Dymo which prints that 4 x 6 label but seems like Shopify missed the boat on the same size for a printer in portrait.  I called Shopify to express my disappointment - the whole idea was to get off of printing labels on paper and cutting/taping. So I'll just keep using Shippo. Unless someone can tell me a workaround that makes sense. I would save  being charged .05 for each label which Shippo charges. Thanks for any help or insight!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem and I hate it. Why offer the service if you're just going to make it difficult to use?

BUT I think I found a workaround without using Shippo.

When it pulls up the new tab/page with the label to print, drag your cursor to highlight the image, then go to print. I'm not sure what your print options are, but here's what I did with mine: 

Make sure the "print selection" option is checked. Change your paper orientation to landscape. Under the advanced options I made sure the reduce/enlarge option was set to "auto fit to page" instead of "actual size." Then I set custom margins so the top is .85" and the left side is .75". 

It prints the label at the top of the page, so you have to make sure you're using a full sheet instead of tearing off a used label at the perforation. 

Your system/software/paper may be different, but theoretically you should be able to do the same with any print settings. 

P.S. Your soaps look amazing!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for replying Amber.  I see what you have described and will get to try it on my next order. And thank you for your soapy compliment. As well I am impressed with your Oneder Cover. Very creative.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 6

Having the same problem. Why can't we just download our labels in pdf (or however folks at GoShippo get done) rather than having to print sraight from the browser? Have wasted several hours trying to fix this to no avail.

Unfortunately, I cannot get Amber's instructions to work either.

Back to Shippo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Niraj- I've been able to get her instructions to work. However it seems perhaps there is missing one bit of info that I can tell you. In my case I think I made the top, left and right sides .75 but the bottom margin has to be 5.54 to push the image into 1/2 the paper. Now when I print it - it gets about 97 % of the image in the label cutout (I think the most important and required data) but a tad bit still "goes over" outside of the label form. What I do then is peel off the label and place it on the package. Then the last bit outside I just carefully peel off and trim and line it up with the rest of the sticker on the package. I don't have time since we are leaving town to upload a sample image of what i mean but maybe on my next order I'll take pictures - I suppose the time to do that extra task to peel the leftover = the 5 cents you pay for shippo - LOL but it's still free then. So I do agree Shopify missed the boat on this simple thing. We should not have to readjust margins. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 6

Thanks so much Hilary for your generous help!

Unfortunately, I still am unable to get my browser (Firefox) to print this out properly. In fact I am not sure what I did but the labels are downloading as .png files. Now I have my image viewer on Windows 10 printing full page labels - looking more like fliers or posters! :)

I have voided the labels and just returned to Shippo where I do not encounter this problem at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am not sure printing labels in size of : 6.75" x 4.25" is possible using Shopify USPS integration. In fact, it is quite difficult to find an app that does that. I would suggest you to go for 4 x 6 labels which can be printed in Dymo printer. Also, printing 4 x 6 is the standard format across stores. You can try apps like Multi Carrier Shipping label app for this purpose. Also, for the problem of label not printing with Firefox, you can use Internet Explore for this. I am sure it will work out.

0 Likes