Printing updated order after partial refund

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

Hello, our store is just a week old, so I'm very new.

I successfully refunded part of a credit-card order today. The item shows as "Remoed" but the order is shown below that in a "Voided" section with the original total.

I do not see where the updated total (with tax) is nor where I can print out the updated order.

I'm sure I'm just missing something, but I need some help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 39 126

Hi, @zippbike.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Welcome to Shopify! I am happy to help you figure out why your order is showing a voided section with the original total.

I appreciate you providing these details. I would like to ask some questions to troubleshoot this. When the order was placed, did the payment go through on the customer's credit card?

You can check this by going into the order, and then scrolling down to the Timeline section of the order. The order timeline shows you all of the actions that took place on an order so you can refer back to it if you need more information about an order.

In the Order timeline, you will see a note about whether the payment was processed. Here's what it looks like if the payment is not processed:

20-04-7hnw6-es40k

If the payment is processed, it'll produce the note that you see above the highlighted part in the screenshot. 

A voided section will only show if the payment wasn't captured on the credit card, so if you see this, then the total of the order will not show an updated total. 

To print an order, you can click on the "Print" button on the top left corner of the order's page:

20-04-uob93-cbhe5

Check out our help doc for the full steps on printing an order, here: Print an order.

Let me know if that helps! Please ask any questions you may have by replying to the thread here and I'll be happy to take a look.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

This was a cash on delivery order.

This was a cash on delivery order. We canceled the Jim Beam and will ship the San Miguel Light. But if you see below, it's still showing the full price, not the adjusted price.

How do we see and print the adjusted price?

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.08.34 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 39 126

Thank you for the details and for your screenshot, @zippbike. This is helpful. I just want to shed some light on the reason this has happened.

I did some testing on my own test store to see if I can replicate an order similar to yours and produce a voided result, as shown in your screenshot. 

When you put through this order, was this made as a draft order, and was it marked as pending or as paid?

If the draft order's payment was "Mark as pending" and Cash on Delivery was selected, the order status page will show "Payment pending" until the "Mark as paid" button is pressed. If you cancel the order when a payment is pending, then you will see the voided result. Check out our help doc to learn more about putting through draft orders, and accepting payment, here: Creating draft orders.

Here's some screenshots of what this process looks like:

20-04-0x9ea-1pild

20-04-qgjhg-etqtw

20-04-kexvo-gn0bq

20-04-7gyw8-bg5tn

If the payment was not "Marked as paid" you won't be able to print this same order with the adjusted price, as there was no payment recorded from the customer. Clicking on the "Marked as paid" button before cancelling an order would show, "Partially refunded" as shown in this screenshot, here:

20-04-ct969-b58mr

You can learn more about cancelling orders from our help doc, here: Cancelling an order

You won't be able to print and see the adjusted price from the same order as it has been cancelled and voided. You can create a new draft order and put the order through again and mark the payment as paid.

Let me know if that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

Thank you for the information. I didn't know what draft orders were until you mentioned it. So I will read that.

As for the paid status, we didn't mark the order when it came in as draft or paid. We just let it sit there until we fulfilled it.

And we wouldn't want to mark an item paid until we get payment in hand. So not sure how to handle this issue of removing an item from an unpaid order to get the new total. I guess it's in this draft orders bit?

Again, thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 39 126

I'm glad that was helpful, @zippbike.

Are you using an app for Cash on Delivery? Please let me know and then I can take a further look at this. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes