Problem: Address couldn't be verified

nasies-kitchen
1 0 0

Im having a problem registering my address for local delivery. does this option not work in South Africa? because ive tried everything???

0 Likes
Raymond_Parker
5 0 0

This is ridiculous. It looks like Shopify is using Google to verify addresses. If I put in the INCORRECT postal code from Google, it verified. But it's the wrong postal code.

0 Likes
juliereneehen
3 0 0

ugg i wish this worked for me!

0 Likes
bewatermart
6 0 0

Basically I went through a 3 hour chat session with their CS, and it turns out that they do not support countries that doesn't use a zip code, e.g. Hong Kong.

They are trying to blame it on Google's API, which works just fine on its own to find the geocode for any Hong Kong addresses.

The only "solution" I got form them is to use a plugin that charges $19.9/month for a basic function.

We decided to set up an online store as covid is seriously affecting our retail business. And now I have to pay extra dollars for this basic function. I already paid for 1 year of subscription of Shopify's plan, and none of the documentation online mentioned this huge flaw in the "local delivery" service.

No reimbursement/compensation is available, and no plans to fix this bug anytime soon (I've gone through every single thread on this issue, and seems like the problem's been around since 2018).

0 Likes
keiara
1 0 0

Hi, I'm trying to add another location to my shop but it cannot be verified.  Can you help?

0 Likes
KrisYang
1 0 0

Hi, Alex

I have the same problem, my address can be find in google, and a real address, and it can not be verified, could you help me.

0 Likes
SMona
1 0 0

Thank you so much for posting this! I was really starting to panic, but the all caps trick solved the verification issue for me.

0 Likes
Wisecare
1 0 0

Having the same problem, cannot verify the address in Hong Kong, tried hundred times, even unify with the  Google my business location, still not working. Can anyone help ?

0 Likes