Problem: Address couldn't be verified

Community Manager
Community Manager
2183 137 291

Ahhh, it's the little things sometimes. 

Great to hear you got sorted out and verified. 

Wishing you the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 1

I just had the same problem registering my address. It could not be verified. Here is what I did:

1. I looked up my store address in google and copied it straight into myshopify, my address could not be verified. 

2. I removed everything and typed it exactly as it appeared in google but that still not worked. 

3. I typed everything in caps letter and put a space between streets or (North, West, South etc) and I was finally able to verify my address. 

For example:

440N st. Arenales Bajos    (would not work)

vs

440 N ST. ARENALES BAJOS (worked !)

Please note that the address above is just a made up address and not real. 

What I suggest is that if you are not able to verify with the address shown on googles

1. Register your business in google. 

2. If your business is already registered than try different combinations of your address with spaces (and with or without dashes etc) all in CAPs letters. Hopefully that will work for you. 

1 Like
2 0 1

I just had the same problem registering my address. It could not be verified. Here is what I did:

1. I looked up my store address in google and copied it straight into the address bar, my address could not be verified. 

2. I removed everything and typed it exactly as it appeared in google but that still not worked. 

3. I typed everything in caps letter and put a space between streets or (North, West, South etc) and I was finally able to verify my address. 

For example:

440N st. Arenales Bajos    (would not work)

vs

440 N ST. ARENALES BAJOS (worked !)

Please note that the address above is just a made up address and not real. 

What I suggest is that if you are not able to verify with the address shown on googles

1. Register your business in google. 

2. If your business is already registered than try different combinations of your address with spaces (and with or without dashes etc) all in CAPs letters. Hopefully that will work for you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I am a Lituania(EU) Citizen but currently living in Hongkong. I use HK Bank account added to my store.I declared my Shopify store as HK address but HK address is not supported with Instagram as a sales channel. Can I change address to Lithuanian?or USA ?Do Shopify ask some address proof or  I can use any address for Shopify without any problems? Is it's important I do dropship business from China Aliexpress. Thank You

0 Likes