Problem: Address couldn't be verified

Highlighted
1 0 1

In my Location Page, I get the following message:

Address couldn't be verified

Shipping labels can't be purchased and shipping rates can't be accurately calculated until the address can be verified.

The address is the one I've always used, and which gets my items shipped without any problem. My credit card machine from Shopify arrived using that address. Today I changed it exactly as the USPS recommends, but I'm still getting the same message.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 101

Hey, Gargost!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

So sorry to hear that you're running into this issue!  Are you by any chance listing a PO Box as that address?  If so, there's a few factors there that might be causing the issue:

• 9 Digit zip codes are not useable, the ZIP has to be a in 5 digit format.
  • "Post Office" or another term for this won't work; the prefix must be "PO Box".

If that's not the case, we'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you.  Once I've posted this response, I'll reach out to you in an email to troubleshoot this in more detail; just respond to that email and we'll get to work!

Thanks for reaching out - you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time.  We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Alex,

I'm facing the same problem since I've updated my address to our new business location. It's a unit inside a building not a PO Box. What can we do to get it verified? 

Many thanks,

/Gabriel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi Gabriel, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

To verify an address, your best bet is to do it via Google directly if you can. Google has a helpful support page on how to verify an address for your business here in the Add information about your business section down the page a little. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

Hi there

I use a service's address to get my mail and I'm using that address for Shopify.  It does not have a PO box just a suite #. I get all my mail there and use that for all my credit cards, however i will not be shipping from there, I'll be shipping from out of the country and inputting the tracking numbers into the system. 

Is that possible?

Janine

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi Janine, 

Great question. 

This is definitely something that is possible and now even native within the Shopify admin. What you will need to do is to edit your Shipping Origin (Settings > Shipping > Shipping Origin > Edit Address). Shopify has a guide going through all of these steps in a visual manner also which you can see here

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions about this. 

All the best, Nick

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

thanks Nick, now why can't my address be verified?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

I'm essentially using a PO box and still says my address needs to be verified. How do I do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3393 252 611

Hi Janine, 

If you are using a PO Box there could be a couple of factors playing into why this might which Alex touches on above. The main aspects which Alex touches on which are most likely can be found below: 

• 9 Digit zip codes are not usable, the ZIP code must be in a 5 digit format.
  • "Post Office" or another term for this won't work; the prefix must be "PO Box".

It could even be something as simple as an extra space somewhere in the address. Would you be able to double check it all again for me, please and let me know if that works for you? If not, don't hesitate to let me know here and I can reach out to you directly for a closer look. 

All the best, Nick

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

OMG, I needed to use all caps and put a space between the 85 and N!

Thank you so much!!!

Janine