Can distance-based shipping rates be set up on Shopify?

IamLLIIME
Trailblazer
268 2 50

Goo day! Can someone help me on my shipping fee? I just want it to be calculated by distance, Any recommendations? Thankyou!!

Replies 9 (9)

davidwhite
Visitor
2 0 0
ow to Use the USPS Shipping Calculator
  1. Navigate to the USPS Postage Price Calculator page.
  2. Enter the details of your letter or package.
  3. Select the shipment type.
  4. Compare shipping options. 
  5. Add Extra Services. 
  6. Hit “Continue” for your result.
  7. Pay for shipping and print postage for your shipment.
irfan905
Visitor
1 0 0

nice post. great info. strongly agreed. supernatural manifestation US

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

HI @IamLLIIME,

If you're open to using a third-party solution, Intuitive Shipping lets you calculate shipping based on distance. You can set up a shipping Scenario with a distance condition (distance is less than/equal to or more than/equal to) so that any shipping methods in the Scenario only trigger if the Condition is met. Alternatively, you can add a custom shipping method to any Scenario that calculates shipping based on distance. For example, you can set up a rate table that looks like this:

Up to 5 km - $0.00

Up to 10 km - $15.00

Up to 50 km - $30.00

Over 50 km - $45.00

You can even add a 'per km' rate - e.g. $2.00 per km.

Full transparency: when using Intuitive Shipping to calculate distance-based rates, you will need to set up a Google API and add credentials to the app. Google requires that you set up a billing account to create your API, however they give you sufficient free credits monthly that you won't actually incur any costs from Google unless you plan to exceed approximately 35,000 distance-based rate calculations per month.

If you would like more information on Intuitive Shipping or you'd like to see how this works, please feel free to book a demo with one of our team members.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
IamLLIIME
Trailblazer
268 2 50

I already tried to install Intuitive app but I'm having a hard time to set it up, BTW my store is located in Philippines and  I only have basic Shopify plan,

@Ron-Anderson 

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi @IamLLIIME,

Thank you for installing Intuitive Shipping. We do have an extensive Help Center which provides detailed setup guides to help you get started. But if you would like some hands-on assistance with onboarding, please schedule a demo appointment with one of our team members. We would be happy to walk you through the process.

Best regards,

Ron

IamLLIIME
Trailblazer
268 2 50

Can I use this app even though I'm just using shopify basic plan? @Ron-Anderson 

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi @IamLLIIME,

Yes, absolutely! The app is available to anyone on Shopify, regardless of your plan. On the basic plan, you will need to activate Shopify's Carrier-Calculated Rates feature if you haven't already. Unfortunately, this is a Shopify requirement to use all third-party rate calculate apps, including Intuitive Shipping. Shopify's cost for this feature is $20 USD per month. However, if you change your Shopify plan to annual billing, they will include the feature at no additional cost.

Best regards,
Ron

amosmos
Shopify Expert
81 1 32

Hi,

It's quite an old post but check out this awesome tool: https://apps.shopify.com/shipping-by-map

It allows you to draw areas on a map to create custom shipping zones and set their own costs.

image.png

Amos

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 32

Hello @IamLLIIME,

The shopping rates can be calculated by the distance in terms of shipping zones that have postal zip codes.
This means the distance between the shipping address and shipment address can be calculated based on the shipping zones that you have created in terms of Zip codes.

If you can enable the carrier calculated shipping feature on your Shopify store, then you can get the display of real-time rates from shipping carriers based on “shipment destination”.

You can automate this shipping process by using the Multi-carrier shipping label app easily and effortlessly.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping