Problem: "This order's address couldn't be verified." error when creating international label

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 5

Yesterday I received an order from Bahrain and the customer selected DHL Express shipping. However, when I go to print the label it gives me an error banner saying "This order's address couldn't be verified." I have literally edited the address into a thousand different variations and the issue persists. The address is fine - I've confirmed with the customer and even entered it in https://smartystreets.com tool which also confirmed it is a good address. Not only that, I also entered a few addresses from a couple local businesses near the customer's address, like Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks, and I still get the banner saying the addresses are unverified. I contacted Shopify support and got zero help. What system does Shopify use to verify international and why even make it mandatory in the first place? If a merchant is sure the address is correct why can't they just print it regardless? How am I supposed to print this label when I've tried everything and it NEEDS to be verified by Shopify? The address is even good on DHL website, but obviously I'd like to save $60 by printing it through Shopify. Very frustrating and I've gotten no help through customer support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @Ahmad_G,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask if you are seeing a yellow banner that says: This order's address couldn't be verified? The reason I ask is that if the address does match what is returned by Google Maps or the carrier, the warning can be ignored. You should still be able to purchase the shipping label and Shopify is just giving you a heads up that the address might not be correct.

Something else it could be is if the Buy Shipping Label button on the right side IS greyed out and you can’t purchase the label, there’s probably another warning (ie weight needs to be entered, etc). In this example, the message highlighted is the true error. 

19-07-7v4fd-qgz50

If you are you seeing an address verification error AND see that the Buy Shipping Label is greyed out and the address is valid on Google Maps and no other warnings are present, but you're still not able to purchase the shipping label, can you let me know, please and I'll ask our higher-level support team to take a closer look into it for you. 

Hopefully, this works and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

What if its happening on the customer side when they're trying to check out? 

The customer got the warning, and i ended up having to put in the order manually. Same issues on his side. We put in the USPS verified address and everything.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @nerdytechpros,

Just to confirm, is this the customers address that is showing the error, which didn't allow them to submit the order? It could be as simple as using all caps or a space that the system isn't registering. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

I was researching the web and there are several posts pointing to the same issue, but nobody at Shopify is able to explain what is the logic that Shopify is using to make addresses match with Google Maps ???

I am facing the same issue. I tried caps, blanks, dashes in multiple combinations and ready to give up.

Please be so kindly to explain the "Substitution" algorithm/logic that Shopify uses to communicate addresses to Google Maps.

It Cannot be that difficult to answer....

Hope to hear from you very soon !!!

Regards 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I just had a customer tell me they had the same issue. They were trying to check out and it said the items could not be shipped to their address and she lives in Illinois, which I find very weird because I have customers in Illinois.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @MEMH1966,

Is this something that is happening to you directly when buying a shipping label or your customers when they are trying to check out? If you are seeing any error messages or any extra information from your store could you share it to give as much context as possible to help you. 

@kfrazier, could you share your store URL so I can try and replicate this from my end and see if there is an error when I do it? It could be as simple as a user error from the customer's side on this, but without testing and trying it also, it's very difficult to troubleshoot exactly why this might be happening. Is this the first time this has happened to you also or have multiple customers said this to you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Nick this is what the customer received:

Image.jpeg

This is the first time I'm ever hearing a customer have this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

I wasn't able to see the image shared @kfrazier. Would you be able to share it again please? 

If it's the first time you have heard of a customer with this issue, it could be a user error. Would you be able to share your store URL and I can take a look also? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Guys,

This is something what is happening to me while setting up the office location under Settings->Locations in Shopify for our shop under 

https://cis-sa-guatemala.myshopify.com/ 

I am attaching a screen shot of the error. The address matches under Google Maps with our Location.

Thanks and Regards

Manuel  

Location cannot be verified.jpg

0 Likes