Problem with PayPal Express Checkout - Add Card

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

some of my customers are having problems checking out using PayPal Express Checkout (the only payment option in the store) the last few days.

Customers get all the way to Payment - they log in their PayPal account - then it asks them to add a card

Even though they already have a card added to their PayPal account it is asking them to add it.

After they add it, the "Add a card" page just reloads but there is nowhere further they can go, they are stuck at "Add a Card" and can never finish the checkout/pay for the item

Here is a screenshot how it looks:

paypal issue

Does anyone have a similar issue? I am afraid I am losing a lot of customers right now because of this glitch

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

I’m having the same issue! I’ve also noticed it’s happened to me personally, while shopping other sites. I choose the “Pay now with PayPal” option and it spits me round and round, entering and re-entering my card info, which if I’m paying via PayPal why won’t it just deduct from my PayPal account?! Very frustrating. I have actually left my own abandoned carts while shopping, so I’m betting us Shopify store owners are also losing ALOT of business over this major glitch! 

Hopefully SOMEBODY- either Shopify or PayPal can fix the issue- quick! 

I’ve too notice a pretty sharp dip in sales over the past couple of weeks. Wondering if it has something to do with this?! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello guys,

did you manage to solve this problem? We have the same currently :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Does anyone have a fix for this as I also have the same issue ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Same problem here. Anyone find a solution?

0 Likes