Problem with Shipping rates calculator

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have problem with Shipping Rates Calculator.

Sometimes it calculates right but sometimes it says that we do not ship in the selected zip/postal code while we ship in this postal code.

My request is very urgent because due to this malfunction we are losing customers every minute…

Could you please advise me on:

• how to fix this problem
  • how to deactivate shipping rates calculator in the page before the customer proceed to checkout.

*without damaging the shipping calculation in the step after the customer proceeds to checkout

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
491 36 80

Hello!

Ren here from the Shopify Social Support team.

Often when you are getting an error that states you cannot ship in a certain area - there is a setting that needs to be changed that usually has to do with your zone coverage. You'll want to be sure your shipping zones are set up appropriately - see here.

Also be sure you have this box enabled in your particular shipping zones.

As it's hard to say without taking a look at the settings, it would be ideal to have you reply with a screenshot of your shipping settings as well as a screenshot of one of the abandoned carts that experienced this error. If you are comfortable with it - your .myshopify URL will be helpful too. This will allow me to initiate an email to reach out and dig a little further if need be.

As for disabling the calculator, that can generally be done through the theme editor depending on the theme you're using.

I look forward to helping once you get back to me with those details!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Dear Ren7.

I have added the shipping rate calculator from the article - https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-shipping-calculator .

It is all working fine, however, it the change seems to affect the sorting and now I am unable to sort out products by price, date, aphabetically.

I have checked for any errors on the page and fond the below, which I believe is causing the issue. 

Do you by any chance know how could I resolve that?

Uncaught TypeError: Shopify.CountryProvinceSelector is not a constructor
at _init (theme.js?1550:11)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (theme.js?1550:11)
at i (jquery-2.2.3.min.js?1550:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-2.2.3.min.js?1550:2)
at Function.ready (jquery-2.2.3.min.js?1550:2)
at HTMLDocument.J (jquery-2.2.3.min.js?1550:2)

Of course, I have reverted back to the original and unchanged theme, but I really would like to make the calculator work.

Regards

Peter

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

could that mean the syntax on the provided code is outdated and does not match the query used by Shopify? Should I look for a way to match the query version jquery-2.2.3.min.  is there any software for conversion? 

0 Likes