Problem with setting shipping costs for multi-variant product

Highlighted
2 0 0

I’m from the Philippines & I'm new to Shopify and I’m seeking assistance in setting up the shipping process.

I have a health juice product for which I created several variants (I call them Packages) based on the number of bottles that can be contained in the boxes provided by the postal office: 4-bottle package (shipping weight=0.5 kg), 7-bottle package (1kg), 16-bottle package (2kg).

I set the weights of the 4-bottle package at 0.1kg-0.5kg (shipping cost-$45) ; the 7-bottle at 0.6kg-1.0 kg (shipping cost=$48)  and the 16-bottle at 1.1kg-2.0 kg (shipping cot =$71).

The product prices are: $20.00 for the 4-bottle package, the 7-bottle at $35 & the 16-bottle at $80.

The problem: when I tried to purchase a 4-bottle package, what appears in the shipping cost is the 7-bottle package. Further, when I tried to purchase a 7-bottle package, what appears in the shipping cost is the 16-bottle package.

I tried to change the weight ranges as follows so as not to have any weight range gap: 0.1kg-0.5kg for the 4-bottle pack, then 0.5kg-1.0kg for the 7-bottle pack and 1.0kg-2.0kg for 16-bottle pack but still the same error.

I also tried to make the weights 2 decimal place: 0.01-0.50, then 0.51 to 1.00 then 1.01 to 2.00. Still the same error.

Can anybody help me please? Many thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 91

Hey, Ismael!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Hmm, I see!  If it's consistently resulting in higher rates, it's possible that your default packaging has a weight associated with it - if so, this weight would be added on to all order weight totals coming through your checkout.  You can check this by heading in your admin to settings > shipping, and scrolling down to the Packages section:

If there's a weight listed here, you can either change your shipping rates to take this added weight into account or, if you prefer, edit your package to remove the weight listed there - just press edit, enter a weight of zero, and save!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time.  We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Alex,

You're exactly right. Thanks very much :-)

Ismael

0 Likes