Problems with Shipping

Solved
Excursionist
14 2 1

Hi there, 

I recently started a new shipping rate on my store. It's $5 USD flat rate for shipping to the US. 

I am in Canada. When I tried to test buy and send it to an address in the US, it worked fine. 

But when my friend in the US tried a test buy and set the address to the same US address I used, the flat $5 shipping rate didn't show up at checkout. 

Munday Shipping.pngI have free shipping on one product and only if that product is bought by itself. The rest is $5 USD for the US.

Please help! The low flat shipping rate is one of the main selling points of my store.

So the main problem is:

Bought in Canada, Send to US = Working fine

Bought in US, Send to US = Flat rate not working

Thanks,

Ethan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
124 19 27

Hi, @MundayBodyCare!

Sophia here from Shopify. Did you and your friend both test the same US address and the same product(s) in the checkout? If not, there are a couple things I noticed about your shipping settings that may have prevented your friend in the US from checking out:

• 52/62 states are covered by your United States shipping zone (you can see details about and adjust the shipping zone coverage by clicking "Edit" next to that zone)
  • carts within 0.096 kg - 200.0 kg will trigger the $5 rate (the $5 rate will only appear for carts within this weight range)

If it's possible that your friend entered an address not covered by the shipping zone or added products to the cart that weren't within the 0.096 kg - 200.0 kg range, the $5 rate would not appear.

Please let me know if either one of these settings was the reason that the flat rate didn't appear. Otherwise, please let me know what rates your friend is seeing and whether they're seeing a specific error message when they proceed to shipping options and I'd be happy to investigate. Thanks so much!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Success.

Excursionist
14 2 1

I don't know if it was because they did something wrong by accident the first time but my friend tried again and it worked fine. I may have just been a glitch. 

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
124 19 27

Hey, @MundayBodyCare!

No problem. I'm happy to hear that it's working now! If anything odd happens in the checkout going forward, please let me know and I'd be happy to investigate.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes