Problems with my weight Shipping.

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, having real problems regarding my weight shipping to get it too work! My item has a weight of 1kg! So should kick in the $9.99 Shipping fee but it doesn't I have my shipping weights set up as 

0.0kg - 0.8kg free

0.8kg 1.2kg $9.99

2kg-2.9kg -$18.99 etc

But when I Go to checkout it still says --- next to shipping. I'm at a lose can u help cheers ian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey, Ian,

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

We can help with this! From your screenshots, it does seem that your shipping rates are set up correctly. What might be happening to throw your rates off if your package weight! 

If you head to Settings>Shipping and scroll down to the section called 'Packages'. The information that is listed there will be used to configure your live shipping rates, and if there is any package weight added there, that weight will be added to your customer's carts during the checkout. What you can do is click the 'Edit' button and change the weight to 0. Then there won't be any more added weight to your cart, so your shipping rate should appear. Check out this page in our Shopify Manual for more details on how that works. 

I hope this helps! If that doesn't help, then can you show me a screenshot of your checkout page so I can take a look at this issue in more detail? 

Additionally, if you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 0 9

Hi, Michael here from Fulfillrite, a Shopify partner fulfillment center. I just want to add that it is really important to have the package size and weight included in your shipping calculations. We get lots of Shopify customers who use the Shopify shipping calculator and their orders end up shipping for more. Often the reason is because they ommitted the dimensions and weight of the total shipping package. Those dimensions and weights are what the carriers use to calculate shipping costs. 

If you are using a fulfillment center, make sure you know what size boxes they will be using for your products. it will help you in getting shipping costs a lot more accurate, with fewer surprises.

You can check out a blog post about dimensional weight and how packaging impacts shipping rates, HERE.

Best!
Michael

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
0 Likes