Processing Payments for Questionable Products

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey there, I'm in the process of starting a Shopify store and I want to make sure I have payment processing figured out right before I get too far. 

My business that I run sells 3D printed products that related to smoking, but not used in smoking themselves. For example we sell a 3D printed ashtray, and a 3D printed rolling tray, but we do not sell pipes or any actual devices used for smoking. Would these be considered acceptable products under Shopify Pay?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
520 46 70

Hey, @mattkurek

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

It's exciting to hear that you're starting up a Shopify account for your business. Your products sounds neat! While you're able to use the Shopify platform for your business, the products you described are unfortunately not going to be eligible for Shopify Payments. As per our Shopify Payments Terms of Service, prohibited products and services include drug paraphernalia, and I've confirmed that the products you described would fall under that category. 

This means that you will need to select a third party payment provider which can support these products. Feel free to reply back here and let me know what country you're operating out of. The payment providers available to merchants on Shopify vary across different countries, and I'll be happy to provide you with a list of the major supported payment providers available in your country.

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes