Product Giveaways (Free Product Plus Free Shipping)

Highlighted
1 0 0

How can we offer product giveaways through our Shopify site? A customer should be able to go on our site with a coupon code which allows them to select and order a product without any payment or entering credit card information. It must be through the same shop where we sell our products so that inventory is adjusted accordingly.

Our products range in price from $20-$40 and we do not currently offer free shipping. The free products codes will be given to around 50 different people per month and should only be able to be used once. They should also be able to select the product they want so their code could be used on any product on our shop.

In my communications with Shopify support I have been told that Shopify only allows a customer to use one discount. If they use a coupon to get a product for free than they would not be able to also use one to get shipping for free. Is there any way around this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Price the Item at $0 if possible or $.01, then offer a free shipping code? Im not sure if your able to do that but its an idea

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Adding to what TheSharpStore said (which is a great suggestion), perhaps factor in shipping when offering the discount codes? For example, if an item costs $30 with a shipping cost of $9.95, provide discount codes to select shoppers for the value of $39.95 - this would allow them to retain a credit which would cover the inherent cost of shipping.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I need something like this, but the items are also sold to other customers... so pricing them at $0 wouldn't work.

Example: I sell shirts on my site for $10 + shipping. I'd like to be able to generate a code that does... "Get any item(s) up to $10 free" and have that code give the customer free shipping as well.

We run a typical retail shop but have need for this as part of promotional deals.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes, we need this as well to award prizes to contest winners. Right now they get the product free but have to pay shipping -- nuts!

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

That won't work either, we tried that. The discount happens prior to shipping fee

@Eli_Cymet wrote:

Adding to what TheSharpStore said (which is a great suggestion), perhaps factor in shipping when offering the discount codes? For example, if an item costs $30 with a shipping cost of $9.95, provide discount codes to select shoppers for the value of $39.95 - this would allow them to retain a credit which would cover the inherent cost of shipping.

, so all a $39.95 discount will do is reduce the $30.00 to $0, but the shipping fee will still be there.

0 Likes