Product Weight & Shipping Weight Issue

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there!

I searched around the forums a bit but can't find a direct answer to this issue, so hope people don't mind a new thread. I am having trouble with weight-based shipping showing the right shipping options. Here's my example:

I have 2 shipping settings for the UK - standard and large, plus a free option for all. These are set by weight. See image here. Standard shipping is set to weights up to 1000g.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 17.28.00.png

I have a product that is set as 400g in weight. See image here.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 17.25.20.png

Clearly, the weight is 400g, so should be offered the Standard shipping option as the weight is between 0-1000g.

When I test this and add to cart, it only shows the options for Large Parcel, which is set to weights about 1001g.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 17.25.55.png

Now I am sure it is something very simple I am missing here, but I can't for the life of me figure it out!

All help appreciated!

Best,

Sam

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
96 14 15

Hey, @WDM_Samuel

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this.

From the screenshots you provided, your Shipping Profile is set up correctly. Therefore, the most likely reason why your product is being pushed into the next weight rate category, is that the default shipping package is set to have a weight associated with it which increases the total order weight. 

Let’s check on this. From your Shopify admin, please go to ‘Settings > Shipping’ and scroll down to the ‘Packages’ section. The weight of the package set as your ‘Default’ will be added into the total weight of an order in the checkout. 

If the package weight you have is accurate, I advise adjusting your shipping rates to include the package size. Alternatively, if the weight of the packaging is incorrect, please adjust it, or set the weight to 0.0g if it is negligible to prevent any additional weight being added at the checkout. Here is our Help Doc on setting and adjusting packaging dimensions.

Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Doh! Solved. Thank you very much for the quick response and helping me solve the school-boy error :)

Best,

Sam

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
96 14 15

My pleasure! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes