Purchase a second shipping label for an order has been deliveried

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

I recently shipped one order to my customer. The package has been deliveried. And the customer contact me with some items missing in that package. I was trying to purchase a second shipping label under the same order to send a replacement order. But the order has been archived, so I wasn't able to do so. Can anyone help me with this? 

Thank you very much. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 52

Hi, Fay. 

Leon here from Shopify Support.

If an order has been fulfilled and delivered already, there is no way in the admin to go back and "re-fulfil" those items. In cases like this, you'll need to create a draft order in the admin by going to Orders > Create Order, add the items that were missing from that orde, then buy a shipping label and fulfil the new order. In this new order, you can mark it as paid, discount it fully to not impact your sales figures, and add notes to indicate that the items in this order are a replacement for the previous. After this is completed, you'll be able to look at the customer account in the admin and see both orders at a glance. 

If you have any questions about this process, please let me know. 

Have a great one, 

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I'm glad I found this!  I too was wondering how to print another label on an order I sent out, and needed to make an exchange.  I marked the order as paid, but what do you mean by "discount it fully to not impact your sales figures"?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 6

Thanks Leon, I appreciate it. I guess it works. It's pretty non-obvious work-around, I had to come here to find that solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 6

I found a quicker way just go to the original order and hit duplicate and add a discount equalling the total and mark as paid.  That's it then you can create a new label and it won't affect your metrics.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just did all that but didn't see the discount thing so now I have a full order amount sitting in my account. Do i just "refund" that? Did it get charged to the customer? Hope not. If I refund, di I actually refund her money she didn't pay because I marked it as paid??? Easier on Etsy sorry guys haha.

Ariane :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 6
Just go to the new order you created refund the entire amount but un select
email customer so they do not see it. Then you should have a 0$ order you
can fulfill.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

The problem with this workaround is that you then have to manually adjust the inventory because the system thinks it is re-selling those items, when in fact they were only sold once and just not delivered.  

Highlighted
1 0 0

I tried this and it doesn't give me an option to generate a new shipping label or print it

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Leon,

This method does not work. There is no option to print out a new shipping label.

0 Likes