Purchasing errors: "Account Holder does not match Customer Name"

Highlighted
1 0 0

Greetings.

I am trying to purchase some products online from a merchant that is using Shopify. However, when I try to complete the pruchase I get the error: "Account Holder does not match Customer Name", regardless of which cards I use (I tried 3). When I called into the cards to accept or unblock charges, I was told in all cases that no transaction was ever attempted on their side. My name in shipping, billing and cards is the same. How to complete this order? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
447 26 71

Hello, Ollie! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! The error message you're getting could be related to the name that you're typing in when going through the checkout. Be sure to make sure that all of your information matches the credit card you're using. Since you've already reached out to your credit card provider, your next step would be to reach out to the store you're trying to purchase from. Usually websites will have some sort of contact page that you could use to reach out to them with, so be sure to get in contact with the store owner and they can look into the issue for you. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and we would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes