Question about the new Beta Shipping Profiles

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Currently I am using a third party shipping app to calculate shipping costs.  Before I switch over to use these new Shipping Profiles that Shopify now has (apparently in Beta) I'd like to know if I can still do what I need.  Here's what I have set up for my store presently:

Items $0-$49.99 get calculated shipping for USPS and UPS

Items $50 and over and more than 4 lbs get free UPS shipping

Items $50 and over and less than 4 lbs get free USPS Postal Priority shipping

All international orders ship at standard calculate rates

I'm sure that's easy enough, but the following exceptions are where it gets tricky:

1) Two small items ($149.00 each) ship for a flat rate of $6 for USPS First Class, and calculated USPS and UPS shipping for the rest.
2) About 20 items get charged a heavy surcharge of $40 each for UPS Ground, and calculated UPS shipping for the rest.

3) We have about 10 tee shirts that sell for $15 each that ship USPS First Class for free

Can the new shipping profiles handle these requirements?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Shopify allows you to create weight based shipping or Price based shipping as shown below : 
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.59.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.59.27 AM.png

Or, you can set up Calculated rates and provide adjustments on it : 
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 12.01.26 PM.png

However, for providing conditional shipping along with calculated shipping, you need the Multi carrier shipping label from where you can set up the following 4 costs :

- Items $0-$49.99 get calculated shipping for USPS and UPS

- Items $50 and over and more than 4 lbs get free UPS shipping

- Items $50 and over and less than 4 lbs get free USPS Postal Priority shipping

- All international orders ship at standard calculate rates

In addition, for the 3 cases also, you can set up rules in the app such that : 
- Based on product type, 2 small items can be shown a flat rate of $6, rest can be shown calculates rates.
- Again based on product type, you can charge $40 each for 20 specific items.
- the same kind of solution will work for the 3rd point as well. 
You can approach Multi carrier shipping label support team for this.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Thank you for your detailed response, however, you may have missed the part where I am now doing this already with a third party app and I was asking about the new Shipping Profiles that Shopify now has (apparently in Beta).  

You suggested your third party app, which I totally understand, but what I am looking to do is get away from using a third party app if possible.

With that said, your app looks to be a little less expensive than the one I am using, so if I can't get this sorted out you may be hearing from me.  :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Sure. No problem.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes