Currently I am using a third party shipping app to calculate shipping costs. Before I switch over to use these new Shipping Profiles that Shopify now has (apparently in Beta) I'd like to know if I can still do what I need. Here's what I have set up for my store presently:
Items $0-$49.99 get calculated shipping for USPS and UPS
Items $50 and over and more than 4 lbs get free UPS shipping
Items $50 and over and less than 4 lbs get free USPS Postal Priority shipping
All international orders ship at standard calculate rates
I'm sure that's easy enough, but the following exceptions are where it gets tricky:
1) Two small items ($149.00 each) ship for a flat rate of $6 for USPS First Class, and calculated USPS and UPS shipping for the rest.
2) About 20 items get charged a heavy surcharge of $40 each for UPS Ground, and calculated UPS shipping for the rest.
3) We have about 10 tee shirts that sell for $15 each that ship USPS First Class for free
Can the new shipping profiles handle these requirements?
Thanks for any help!
Shopify allows you to create weight based shipping or Price based shipping as shown below :
Or, you can set up Calculated rates and provide adjustments on it :
However, for providing conditional shipping along with calculated shipping, you need the Multi carrier shipping label from where you can set up the following 4 costs :
- Items $0-$49.99 get calculated shipping for USPS and UPS
- Items $50 and over and more than 4 lbs get free UPS shipping
- Items $50 and over and less than 4 lbs get free USPS Postal Priority shipping
- All international orders ship at standard calculate rates
In addition, for the 3 cases also, you can set up rules in the app such that :
- Based on product type, 2 small items can be shown a flat rate of $6, rest can be shown calculates rates.
- Again based on product type, you can charge $40 each for 20 specific items.
- the same kind of solution will work for the 3rd point as well.
You can approach Multi carrier shipping label support team for this.
Thank you for your detailed response, however, you may have missed the part where I am now doing this already with a third party app and I was asking about the new Shipping Profiles that Shopify now has (apparently in Beta).
You suggested your third party app, which I totally understand, but what I am looking to do is get away from using a third party app if possible.
With that said, your app looks to be a little less expensive than the one I am using, so if I can't get this sorted out you may be hearing from me. :)