Question regarding Shopify Shipping labels

Highlighted
1 0 0

We are setting up a new store and have a question regarding Shopify shipping labels.  We plan to use price based shipping charges for customers.  When we print a shipping label I suspect that Shopify will charge based on the weight of the shipment.

1. Is that assumption correct?

2. Will I be able to pick the package used in the calculation or will the default package be used?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
434 44 50

Hello, @dcwsota.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re looking to set up a new store with price-based shipping, and you have a couple of questions on shipping label charges and packages. Shopify fetches rates from the shipping carriers and charges the cost of the shipping labels based on the weight and dimensions of the package. That said, there is a discount on shipping labels from Shopify. If you’d like more information on this, feel free to take a look at our shipping carriers and example rates help guide.

The online checkout can only default to one package when customers checkout. However, you can change your default package for your online store. When you buy shipping labels, you can change the package dimensions for each label. You can also add your package types to your shipping settings, which allows you pick the packages in the calculation more easily when purchasing your labels. 

I hope this clarifies the shipping labels and packages. If you have any other questions on this topic, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes