Solved

Question regarding the address used for your store

RazzyCM
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, so while scrolling through the settings for Shopify, I realized that the home address that I signed up for Shopify with is going to be the one used on the packing slip for returns. Preferably I would not like my home address to show up anywhere in my store or packages for my customers to see. I'm actually using Printful to fulfill all my orders, none of my inventory is at home, and returns go back to Printful.

It's also entirely possible that I'm misunderstanding the situation. Is this package slip something for you to print and include in orders if you are shipping a product yourself? Printful already includes a custom package slip with the correct return address and my store's information.

If not, I will probably just go into the code editor and remove my address from the packing slip, which means customers who want to return items will have to get the correct return address via my website's return policy page or e-mail.

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @RazzyCM

This is a great question! Thank you for sharing.

To clarify, the address listed under Settings > General > Store address will be used for your shipping documents (invoices, packing slips, etc.). This address can differ from the one(s) listed under Settings > Locations which are used to calculate shipping rates.

I’m glad to hear Printful has you covered with their own packing slip, so I’d say there is no need to include both - especially since this would be the accurate address to return a package to anyways.

In any case, it’s absolutely understandable that you’d prefer to keep your home address private and this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this concern raised. Some merchants prefer to use a P.O. box for their General Settings address for this very reason - would this be an option for you if you're ever fulfilling orders from home? We're definitely always open to ideas for how we can do things better, so I’ve logged some feedback with our team based on the points you've raised here. Thank you for taking the time to voice your question!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @RazzyCM

This is a great question! Thank you for sharing.

To clarify, the address listed under Settings > General > Store address will be used for your shipping documents (invoices, packing slips, etc.). This address can differ from the one(s) listed under Settings > Locations which are used to calculate shipping rates.

I’m glad to hear Printful has you covered with their own packing slip, so I’d say there is no need to include both - especially since this would be the accurate address to return a package to anyways.

In any case, it’s absolutely understandable that you’d prefer to keep your home address private and this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this concern raised. Some merchants prefer to use a P.O. box for their General Settings address for this very reason - would this be an option for you if you're ever fulfilling orders from home? We're definitely always open to ideas for how we can do things better, so I’ve logged some feedback with our team based on the points you've raised here. Thank you for taking the time to voice your question!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog