Questions about default packaging size and shipping rates?

6Print
1 0 1

Same problem here. Ridiculous tbh. You have multiple products with different weights. Different shipping packages yet can only set 1 default? Why can't we set packages per item? Or by weight? I've lost money as well. Shipping 3 hoodies should not cost 20$. So basic. Fix this.

electroarcade
Tourist
9 0 2

STONEAGE!

I built websites 10+ years ago and the base requirement was dimensions and weight.

Clearly, Shopify is more interested in supporting the developer ecosystem than the users of its products.

I've had to create workarounds for local shipping but now that I'm looking at international have hit a wall again.

How old is this thread? Such poor form shopify!

Would love to see the stats of how many people are leaving the platform because of relatively easy-to-add features like this that are mandatory in running an online business.

ThankedRapier4
Tourist
6 0 20

Bumping yet another ignored thread by Shopify in the futile hope that some day, their management will get it and actually build a functioning service instead of outsourcing the most BASIC functionality to third-party developers.

I'm about to launch a much larger product that the one I currently sell, and I need to be able to assign default package dimensions and weights to individual products. WHY IS THIS STILL NOT A STANDARD FUNCTION WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR A THIRD-PARTY APP?

0 Likes
cfunni
Excursionist
21 1 9

I agree 1000%  I lost money again this week on items that are large, and if I pull the item from my site, I might as well just stop stocking it. COME ON SHOPIFY. I am very please with most of the functionality of SHOPIFY, but this is just stupid.  Maybe everyone watching this thread can bombard SHOPIFY with a complaint at the same time.

0 Likes
nicbatz
Tourist
3 0 3

Adding my complaint here too. I am trying to add Boxify, but quickly realizing it's not a solution either. It doesn't integrate with UPS through shopify. My business is simple, I don't need this giant complication. Seems like it would be an easy fix so we don't have to pay more through an app.

Please fix!!

Nicole

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
106 7 12

Hi,

Which is the shipping carrier you are using to ship the product, currently?

Have you installed any shipping app?

Where are you from?

When you're fulfilling an order, you need to choose a package that matches the type that you want to use.

You can save your preferred package types on the shipping and delivery settings page or on an order's Fulfillment page in your Shopify admin. Most carriers charge by size and weight, you can choose which one of your saved packages you want to use.

I would suggest the Multi-carrier shipping label app, which is integrated with multiple shipping carriers and the app automatically chooses the perfect box for the product based on weight and dimensions, so customers are only charged shipping charges for the box. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
cfunni
Excursionist
21 1 9

We currently ship via USPS, and UPS.

I am in Houston Texas, USA

We typically ship small items, but we also will need to ship an order in a much larger package. The Shopify product does not allow me to select different size packages based on item, Only one default package. I and many many Shopify customers do not understand why this is not a standard option. Paying additional fees per month for a very basic feature is not right. I have no problem paying extra for fees for Apps I need for my specific process, but basic package size option should be included in Shopify.

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
106 7 12

Hello @cfunni,

I understand that you don't want to use an app for this feature.
However, since there is no other option available to handle this directly in Shopify, you can try
the Multi-Carrier Shipping Label app until the option is available directly in Shopify.
The app allows you to add custom boxes for packaging based on the weight of the product, and dimensions.
Also, automatically chooses the right package to ship the orders.
As you are looking for larger boxes you can create the same under the packing process within the app. 
You can create any number of boxes based on your product weight & dimensions and the app automatically chooses the correct box based on what your customer orders.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
cfunni
Excursionist
21 1 9

I think the common complaint here from the Shopify customers, this should be a basic feature in Shopify. It should be already in the product we are paying you for. Also the comments we are adding here are also read by future customers, and things like this will keep people from joining Shopify. This is a BASIC part of every other platform, and there is a reason SHOPIFY is leaving it out. It will cost you customers if it is not added soon.

blueberrystudio
Tourist
3 0 8

Exactly. Maybe we should start a thread about other platforms that will actually meet our needs. Ebay..Squarespace..pros and cons? Others?

0 Likes