Questions with new store about Print on Demand / Shipping / Returns / Payments / Taxes

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi all, 

I realize some of my questions might span a bit into a different part of the forum, but am hoping they can be answered with this post since my quetsions revolve around payments & shipping.

- I'm creating a t-shirt store, and using Printful for fulfillment. Will orders be completely seemless and processed directly with Printful once the customer places them in my store as long as I have the automatic fulfillment selected in Shopify admin?

- Since I'm using Printful for fulfillment, will my address, or Printfull's address be displayed on orders, and how are returns handled? Will customers send returns to me, or Printful? If returns are sent directly to me, can I be reimbursed for the return too, or is that considered a loss?

- When a customer places and order, how is the payment distributed? Will I receive all of the payment, then pay a portion to Printful for their costs, or will Printful be paid their costs and me just paid my profits? 

- If payments are distributed in a way where I recieve everything, then pay Printful for their service, for taxes isn't it going to look like I'm making e.g. $100,000 instead of just $40,000? If this is the case, I'm hoping that $60,000 is a 100% write-off?

- In regards to the sales tax for each product that is charged in the store, this depends on where the customer is, where I am, or where Printful is located? I'm assumign that it's completely separate from taxes on my earnings. Where is that paid to if it depends on where the customer is located, and do I really have to pay money to each state that collects sales tax? How are those states really supposed to be aware of who's making a purchase online? Do I have an option of not collected tax at all similar to how other online stores don't? I'm not a fan of government.

- Since I'm not a fan of government, is registering my business name mandatory? I'd prefer to keep my business and store unregistered, just as I wish my parents never branded me with a SS# and birth certificate to make me property of the state.

0 Likes